Oxford Castle Unlocked Tour Ticket & Hotel Deals
44-46 Oxford Castle,, Oxford, OX1 1AY.
- Discover Oxford castle's 1,000 year history
- Explore the 18th century Debtors’ Tower and Prison
- St George’s Tower is one of the oldest buildings in Oxford
We care about the safety and wellbeing of our customers, and make it our job to support, and provide information to, any person with a medical condition or disability.
If you, or any member of your party has a condition or disability which may affect your holiday, please let us know before making your booking.
We can then discuss your needs and advise further if your preferred choice is unsuitable.
Call our team on 01904 717 362, who will be happy to help.
Book your attraction break
Oxford Castle Unlocked Ticket + Hotel Packages + Rail
This attraction is currently not available.
Oxford Castle Unlocked Breaks
Explore Oxford Castle via fascinating stories from the buildings 1,000 year history.
Your costumed guide will take you through the history of Oxford Castle as you explore the building that has played an important role in England’s past. Explore St George’s Tower, one of the oldest buildings in Oxford, and enjoy its incredible panoramic views over the city. Descend underground to the oldest part of the castle, the 900 year old crypt which was originally the site of a Norman chapel. In later years the castle was used as a prison, a place of punishment and even execution. Discover the grisly stories from this era as you explore the confines of the 18th century Debtors’ Tower and Prison D-Wing.
Oxford Castle Unlocked Highlights
- Discover stories from one of Oxford’s oldest buildings.
- Explore the rich history of Oxford.
- Climb to the top of Castle Mound, the site of the first castle in Oxford.
- Explore the prison and wider site at your leisure following your tour.
What Makes it Super
Oxford castle has played an important role in England’s history from the civil war of the Anarchy in the 1140s, the Barons' War of 1215–17 and the English Civil War where the Royalists made Oxford their capital. Oxford Castle Unlocked guides you through the castle’s turbulent past. Along the way you’ll hear stories from various characters involved with the castle down the years which really brings the castle to life!
Frequently Asked Questions
About Super Break
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017