Treat yourself to a luxury day trip aboard the Belmond British Pullman or Northern Belle. Whether you are enjoying the best of Britain on a day trip or getting into the spirit of Poirot on a Murder Mystery, these journeys are as dignified as they are effortlessly glamourous. Book one of our Belmond British Pullman or Northern Belle trips and return to a bygone era of luxury, comfort and style. Prices start from £260pp.
Call 01904 717 362 to book and a friendly advisor will be able to help you find your perfect luxury trip.
About Our Luxury Day Trips By Rail
Belmond British Pullman, sister train to the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient Express, and the Northern Belle captivate and enthral with a stylish collection of day excursions and experiences across the UK. Whichever day trip you choose you'll enjoy fine dining, fine wines and champagne in the luxurious surroundings of the Belmond British Pullman or the Northern Belle's vintage carriages.
“Step on board and the real world evaporates behind you” is a sentiment often voiced by travellers on the Belmond British Pullman train. Together with the Northern Belle, the magnificent period carriages enable guests to experience all the magic of a 30s era journey with the comforts of modern day hospitality.
The British Pullman offers day trips from London Victoria while the Northern Belle specialises in regional departures, both transporting passengers to spectacular UK destinations. To sit within these parlour cars is to travel in a work of art: the Belmond British Pullman consists of restored vintage carriages, while on the Northern Belle trips you will see the exquisite marquetry panels. Choose from a variety of experiences including day trips to historic towns such as Lincoln and Harrogate or relax amidst the train's luxurious surroundings and enjoy entertainment ranging from murder mystery plots or even close-up table magic.
Service is a highlight of every journey with trips including a sumptuous fine dining extravaganza whether this be a multiple course brunch, lunch or dinner. When visiting Britain's greatest cities, gardens, castles and sporting events aboard these luxury trains, the journey is as much of an experience as the destination.
British Pullman & Northern Belle Day Trips
Murder Mystery aboard the British Pullman
- Friday 23rd March 2018
- Departs from London Victoria aboard the British Pullman
- Includes welcome Champagne reception and five course lunch with wine and coffee
- Murder Mystery entertainment
Discover Folkstone with the British Pullman
- Sunday 10th June 2018
- Round trip travel aboard the British Pullman
- Includes welcome sparkling Bellini and fine-dining silver service three course brunch, morning tea and coffee
- Visit to The Leas including guided coach transfer, free time to enjoy the coastal scenery and classic English Afternoon Tea with a glass of sparkling wine
Mother's Day Lunch aboard the Northern Belle
- Friday 9th March, 10th March & 11th March
- Departing from various locations across the UK
- Welcome Champagne reception on board
- 5 course lunch with a bottle of wine per couple, including coffee, tea & petits fours
Spirit of Travel Lunch aboard the Northern Belle
- Friday 16th February 2018
- Departs from Crewe, Chester & Manchester
- Includes welcome Champagne reception
- Five course fine dining lunch with wine and coffee
Day trip to Harrogate aboard the Northern Belle
- Saturday 28th April 2018
- Departs from Kidderminster, Derby and Birmingham
- Includes welcome sparkling Bellini and three course fine dining brunch
- Champagne reception & four course dinner with wine on return journey
Terms & Conditions
Special dietary requirements must be requested at time of booking
Dress code is smart
Customers are advised to check in 30 minutes before departure time
These breaks are not ideal for wheelchair users as access is limited
Not suitable for children under 12
Children aged between 12-15 years are classed as adults and will be charged for an adult ticket
Normal cancellation terms and conditions apply. Please read for further information