Superbreak Give Increased Opportunities For Agents18 March 2009
To Dynamically Package London Breaks In New 2009/10 London Travel Service Brochure
Superbreak Mini-Holidays has added packages to see the latest shows such as Sister Act and Calendar Girls plus new family packages, rail deals, exhibitions, all the latest concerts at the O2 Arena, 14 new hotels and much more to its 2009/10 first edition London Travel Service brochure, due into agents from 27 March onwards. The launch comes at a time when despite the credit crunch, the operator reports London bookings from agents are up 2% year on year (since the beginning of January). Over a quarter of a million customers were booked through agents onto last years programme and the operator predicts it will achieve at least this again in 2009.
The new brochure features over 150 commissionable add-on choices as well as 120 hotels (plus a further 70 online at www.superbreak.com/agents), providing agents with huge opportunity to make more money from every booking with so many components to sell.
Ian Mounser sales director at Superbreak comments “There is so much going on in London this year and agents can dynamically package to suit their customers’ needs, with all the elements being fully commissionable. The potential is huge, but agents do need to tell their prospective customers what’s on offer, via their windows and mailings. Alongside all the components we offer, it is interesting to note that there is great value around at the moment with many hotels currently available at lower rates than they were three years ago. For example the four star Tower Hotel is currently selling at £99 for two nights b/b weekround. It was £129pp three years ago.”
What’s new into the London Travel Service programme? … New Shows…
* Sister Act – opening at the Palladium in May 2009 and based on the smash hit movie, the show tells the story of disco diva Deloris Van Cartier who finds herself in protective custody in a convent, disguised as a nun! She uses her unique disco moves and singing to inspire the choir but in doing so blows her cover! The show recreates the magic of the film on stage with a raft of toe-tapping numbers and fast-paced, funny action. Prices start from £70.50 per person including one night’s three star accommodation and a ticket to the show.
* Priscilla Queen of the Desert – The show rolled into London’s West End this month and parked at the Palace Theatre for the ultimate feel-good theatrical experience. The show stars chart topper Jason Donovan as Tick and is a heart-warming adventure of three friends who hop aboard a battered old bus (Priscilla) in search of love and friendship. A package costs from £77 per person including one night’s three star accommodation and a ticket to the show.
* Calendar Girls – Opening in April, this is the story of a group of ordinary, middle aged WI women who achieve something extraordinary. They pose for a charity calendar with a difference to raising money for charity. The girls unexpectedly spark a global phenomenon taking them from Yorkshire to the Hollywood Hill. A package costs from £118 per person including one night’s four star accommodation and a ticket to the show.
New family packages – Two new packages ideal for families this summer have been launched.
* Walking With Dinosaurs – This year, 15 life-size dinosaurs, including the terror of the ancient terrain, Tyrannosaurus-rex are hitting venues across the UK including London’s O2 Arena. Marvel at the story of their 200 million year domination of life on earth, watch them walk and hear them roar. Packages from £92.50 per adult and £53 per child for Glasgow.
* Peter Pan at Kensington Gardens - This summer a spectacular new stage production of Peter Pan will be performed in a specially commissioned, state-of-the-art Theatre Pavilion. For the first time in 100 years, Peter Pan, which has its heart in Kensington Gardens, is coming home. Packed with surprises including groundbreaking use of the inside of the pavilion roof as projection screen and the chance to fly with Peter to Neverland and stand on the deck of Hook’s ship. Packages cost from £130 per person.
New Concerts and Events – The O2 Arena continues to be a leading venue for rock and pop concerts and some high profile artists are already lined up for 2009 such as Michael Jackson, Britney and Boyzone with more launching all the time. In addition Blur, Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young are playing Hyde Park and Oasis are at Wembley Stadium. Prices from £135pp for Oasis in July.
New Hotels – The brochure features 14 new hotels around the Capital including the two star Hotel Lily Earls Court, from £43.50pppn b/cb, the four star myhotel Bloomsbury from £54/.50pppn b/cb and the five star Stafford Hotel, Mayfair from £145pppn b/b.
New Exhibitions – A range of new exhibitions can be enjoyed in London including
* The British Music Experience at the O2 bubble - a permanent, interactive exhibition dedicated to the history of popular music in Britain. Prices from £57.50 for a one night package.
* Montezuma: Aztec Ruler – running from September ’09 to January ’10 at the British Museum. Exploring the role of the Aztec Emperor Montezuma II.
* Excellent promotional rail fares – Valid through until April 2010 and covering all the major national rail routes to London from the West Country, South Wales, The Midlands, North West and North East England, Scotland and East Anglia. Prices from £20pp return from Birmingham to London and £50pp from Edinburgh. Promotional fares with Chiltern Railways and National Express East Anglia are NEW for 2009/10
* Every booking now gets a Smartsave Street Map which includes discount vouchers for many top attractions and restaurants.
For more information and bookings call Superbreak’s London Travel Service on
0871 221 1199 or visit www.superbreak.com/agents