Oxford Castle Unlocked Tour Ticket & Hotel Deals
44-46 Oxford Castle,, Oxford, OX1 1AY.
Book your attraction break
Oxford Castle Unlocked Ticket + Hotel Packages + Rail
Oxford Castle Unlocked Breaks
Explore Oxford Castle via fascinating stories from the buildings 1,000 year history.
About Oxford Castle Unlocked
Your costumed guide will take you through the history of Oxford Castle as you explore the building that has played an important role in England’s past. Explore St George’s Tower, one of the oldest buildings in Oxford, and enjoy its incredible panoramic views over the city. Descend underground to the oldest part of the castle, the 900 year old crypt which was originally the site of a Norman chapel. In later years the castle was used as a prison, a place of punishment and even execution. Discover the grisly stories from this era as you explore the confines of the 18th century Debtors’ Tower and Prison D-Wing.
Oxford Castle Unlocked Highlights
- Discover stories from one of Oxford’s oldest buildings.
- Explore the rich history of Oxford.
- Climb to the top of Castle Mound, the site of the first castle in Oxford.
- Explore the prison and wider site at your leisure following your tour.
What Makes it Super
Oxford castle has played an important role in England’s history from the civil war of the Anarchy in the 1140s, the Barons' War of 1215–17 and the English Civil War where the Royalists made Oxford their capital. Oxford Castle Unlocked guides you through the castle’s turbulent past. Along the way you’ll hear stories from various characters involved with the castle down the years which really brings the castle to life!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017