Windsor Castle Ticket + Hotel Packages
Windsor Castle is one of the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen.
- TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Based on 4080 reviews
Select attraction dates
This ticket is valid for 1 day.
Children are aged between 5 - 17 years
The Castle is closed: 25-26 December
About Windsor Castle
A great choice for a day out, our Windsor Castle short breaks offer a chance to tour the world’s largest and oldest occupied castle. With a great range of hotels near Windsor Castle to choose from, simply select your travel dates from the calendar above and pick the best Windsor Castle hotel deal for you on the next page… it’s easy!
One of the official residences of Her Majesty the Queen, the lavishly decorated Windsor Castle has a history spanning almost 1000 years. Our Windsor breaks are the perfect chance to discover the magnificent State Apartments of the impressive Castle, featuring treasures from the Royal Collection and stunning works of art by Rembrandt, Rubens and Gainsborough. Other Castle highlights you must see on booking your Windsor Break include:
- The beautiful St George's Chapel, with its fine Gothic architecture and the tombs of ten monarchs including Charles I and Henry VIII.
- Queen Mary's Doll's House - the most famous doll's house in the world - which even has electric lighting, hot and cold running water and flushing toilets.
- During the winter months, visitors can see the opulently decorated interiors of George IV's private apartments (Semi-State Rooms).
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony takes place at 11am every day in summer, and every other day in winter (excl. Sundays, and weather permitting).
- There’s also plenty to keep the kids entertained, with free family activity trails, an interactive audio tour, and a fascinating programme of workshops throughout the year.
The average visit time at Windsor Castle is around 2-3 hours; with a whole host of other top attractions on offer in the historic town, our short breaks in Windsor with Castle tickets included are a superb choice. With plenty of hotels near Windsor Castle to choose from, you'll have lots of time to explore this historic castle and be able to enjoy a peaceful night’s rest afterwards!
Please note: St George’s Chapel is open only to worshippers on Sundays. Visitors are welcome to attend services, but those wishing to tour the chapel should avoid visiting the Castle on Sundays to save disappointment.
The Round Tower
Photographer: John Freeman
Royal Collection Trust / © Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2013
|Address:||Windsor, Berkshire, BA1 3DH, England|
|Opening Hours:||March to October 09:45-17:15 (last admission 16:00); November to February 09:45-16:15 (last admission 15:00)|
|Get Directions:||Windsor Castle is accessible from the M4, exit 6 and the M3 exit 3.|
|Extra:||Private guided tours are available throughout the day.|
Did you know
The Castle is home to Queen Mary's Dolls' House, the most famous dolls' house in the world.
Stay on a Windsor Castle Short Break
A Windsor Castle short break provides the perfect chance for you and your family to enjoy Windsor Castle in comfort and style. Relax in a hotel near The Windsor Castle site. Our choice of hand picked hotels guarantee an enjoyable hotel break to suit your family's budget. We offer hotels both close to, or within an easy drive of Windsor Castle, with child rates of only £7.50 per child, a Windsor Castle short break delivers great family value, a perfect weekend break for the whole family.
- TripAdvisor Traveller Rating
- Based on 4080 reviews
The information on this website are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and not TripAdvisor LLC. It is provided 'as is' and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by anyone resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (like visas, health and safety, customs, and transportation) with the relevant authorities before you travel.
©2007 TripAdvisor LLC. All rights reserved