South East England Hotels
Number of hotels in this location - 129
With a number of vibrant towns and cities primed for exploration, lots of country retreats to escape to, and many of Britain’s best beaches on hand for a seaside break, get away to one of our hotels in South-East England this year. Whether you’re keen to see the white cliffs of Dover or Brighton Pier, this region is famous for its short breaks.
Discover history and prestige in Kent – the Garden of England – and enjoy reconnecting with nature in the Kent Downs or High Weald – designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Alternatively, discover the exciting and ever-popular seaside towns of East Sussex; very often experiencing some of the country’s best weather, our South-East hotels are perfect for a summer break.
- One of England’s top tourist destinations for decades, our hotels in Brighton make for a thrilling short break destination; with unique culture, superb boutique shopping, an infamous nightlife and the gorgeous Victorian Brighton Pavilion to visit too, there’s lots to see and do.
- The region has a wealth of fascinating history that’s simply not to be missed – choose a Canterbury hotel and take the whole family around the gorgeous old town and it’s pretty Cathedral, or head to a Hastings hotel and discover the battlefields of 1066.
- For a quieter coastal break, take a look through our hotels in Eastbourne and enjoy cream tea by the seaside or a relaxing golf break – or sit back and enjoy the town’s famous summer tennis tournament.
An excellent choice for your next short break or getaway, check out our fabulous range of hotels in South-East England in the list below.
Choose Hotels by Availability
Hotels in South East England
Surrounded by spectacular rolling countryside, hotels in the historic town of Ashford offer visitors a traditional market town with a modern flair. Stroll along the elegant tree-lined streets, admire the beautiful floral displays, enjoy shopping in the Designer Outlets or enjoy an evening at Eureka Leisure. The Ashford area offers an array of interesting family attractions.
- Explore the ancient estate and parklands of Godinton House, a beautifully restored building and gardens that are perfect for spending a few hours learning about the family history of the place
- Showcasing everything form the Neolithic to the now, the Ashford Borough Museum is a great collection of everything to do with the area – originally opened by the all-boys school, it’s a bit of historical gem
- Take a guided tour of Willesborough Windmill and enjoy this restored landmark, followed by tea and cakes in Mrs. Cobbs’ Kitchen#buletend# You’re also only a short drive from the Kent coast, where you’ll find stunning seaside retreats like Folkestone and Sandgate. Straight down the M20, it’s an easy day trip to make. So, whether it’s countryside or coastal, book an Ashford hotel to enjoy a truly British short break.
Brighton is an enchanting, cosmopolitan city, set against the spectacular backdrop of the Sussex Downs and rolling English countryside. The city offers an array of Brighton hotels, museums, a vivacious arts scene, tranquil parks and gardens, along with fine architecture.
- Must sees include the Royal Pavilion, Regency Town House and the Artist’s Quarter.
- A short distance from many of the hotels in Brighton you will find the famous pier and pebble beach with its promenade offering plenty of entertainment and activities. Brighton is a treasure trove of things to do and places to go.
- Make the most of your short break by combining one of our hotels in Brighton with our popular attraction tickets including taking in the sights on the City Sightseeing tour bus or a visit to the fun-packed SEA LIFE Centre.
- As well as the traditional seaside fun; Brighton has a thriving bar, restaurant and café scene, from Bohemian bars and arty clubs, to high-class restaurants and traditional pubs.
The elegant city of Canterbury, in the south east of England, is the perfect choice for a historic city break. With lots of great Canterbury hotels to choose from, you’re sure to find the ideal base from which to explore Canterbury and its breath-taking surrounds.
For a relaxing short break in the Garden of England, our hotels in Dover & Folkestone are an excellent choice. Discover this incredibly scenic corner of the country – full of history, and a great base from which to explore Kent, the area is more than just a stop on the way to continental Europe.
With a reputation for being the sunniest place in England, the seaside town of Eastbourne is a popular destination for a coastal break. With plenty of hotels in Eastbourne to choose from, there’s something for everyone in our fantastic range of places to stay.
An ideal choice for a short break in the countryside, discover the best of the south-east when you stay in our Forest Row hotels. Easily reached from the A22, and set in the north-west corner of East Sussex – on the border with West Sussex, Kent and Surrey – Forest Row is perfectly located for exploring the region.
Escape to the south coast and enjoy a relaxing break on the south coast when you choose one of our hotels in Hastings. Simply oozing with fascinating history, there’s so much to discover on a getaway in Hastings; visit the 1066 battleground at nearby Battle, and explore the many must-see attractions in the town itself.
The county town of Kent, enjoy a relaxing short break in one of our hotels in Maidstone and get away from it all. Full of must-visit attractions, this historic town and the surrounding Kent Downs are primed for exploration.
Escape to the south coast and choose one of our hotels in Worthing – ideal for a break by the seaside. Home at one time or another to Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde and Harold Pinter, discover this picturesque and inspirational corner of the country.
Please note that information contained in these location guides was correct at the time of research, but may be liable to change. Any mentioned attractions/points of interest can change or close. Maps are a guide only. If you do find any inaccuracies or know of something you feel deserves inclusion in our guides, please email your comments to email@example.com.