From Breakfast At Tiffany's To Moctezuma Aztec Ruler01 September 2009
Superbreak lines up the hottest new events and attractions coming to London
Fancy seeing one of the West Ends newest shows? Taking in one of London’s newest exhibitions? or perhaps taking in one of the Capital’s hot concerts? An array of hot new events and attractions are opening in London over the coming weeks and months and short break specialist Superbreak (www.superbreak.com) features packages to all the latest theatre shows, concerts, exhibitions and tours which combine tickets with overnight accommodation. And with Superbreak reporting demand for short breaks to London currently up 20% compared to last year, there’s never been a better time to check out what the city has to offer.
WHAT’S NEW AT THE THEATRE…
* BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S – This was a 1960’s movie classic starring Audrey Hepburn - but now Breakfast at Tiffany's has been turned into a West End show starring Anna Friel. The show opens at the Theatre Royal Haymarket on 9 September. Prices from £116pp including one night’s accommodation at the three star Royal National hotel and a ticket. Valid Monday – Thursday until 30 April 2010.
* LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL – Based on the hit movie, this show is already an award winning Broadway sensation. It is an all singing, all dancing, feel good musical comedy which opens at the Savoy Theatre on 5 December, just in time for Christmas. Prices from £99 including one night’s accommodation at the three star Royal National hotel and a top priced ticket. Valid Monday – Thursday until 30 April 2010.
NEW CONCERTS AND EVENTS …
Concerts, shows and sporting events continue to be launched all the time and Superbreak features all the latest announcements including:
* Backstreet Boys at The O2 – 10 November – packages from £106pp including one night at the three star Royal National hotel and a second price, lower tier ticket.
* ATP World Tennis at The O2 – 22-29 November – packages from £139.50pp including one night at the four star Bermondsey Square hotel and a second price, lower tier ticket.
* Strictly Come Dancing tour at The O2 – 4-7 February 2010 – packages from £138.50pp including one night at the four star Bermondsey Square hotel and a second price, lower tier ticket.
* Classical Spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall – 20 and 21 November. Featuring over 250 performers plus laser lights and special effects. Prices from £135pp including one night at the four star Cavendish Hotel and a stalls ticket.
NEW CULTURAL BREAKS / EXHIBITIONS
* Tours of Kew Gardens – packages are now available including tickets for a tour of the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew to celebrate 250 years of the gardens. Packages from £63.50pp including one night’s accommodation at the four star Chiswick Moran hotel and a ticket to the exhibition. Valid on selected dates until the end of November.
* The ‘Moctezuma: Aztec Ruler’ exhibition opens at the British Museum on 24 September and runs until 24 January. This major exhibition explores Aztec civilisation through the divine, military and political role of the last elected ruler Moctezuma II. Packages cost from £55.75pp including one night’s accommodation at the three star Royal National hotel and a ticket to the exhibition. Valid 24 September – 24 January 2010.
* Turner and the Masters at the Tate Britain, running from 23 September to 31 January. This features world class masters such as Canaletto, Claude, Poussin, Rembrant, Rubens and Titan and explores how Turner hoped to imitate, rival and surpass many of these great painters in history. Prices from £67 including on night’s accommodation at the four star Radisson Edwardian hotel and a ticket to the exhibition. Valid Friday to Sunday until 4 October.
For more information and bookings call Superbreak on 0871 222 3055 or visit www.superbreak.com