Superbreak Adds New Product To 2nd Edition Superbreak UK And Highlife Brochures06 August 2009
A range of new hotels, attractions, rail deals and events are featured with the new 2nd edition Superbreak and Highlife brochures, which will be into agents from 10 August onwards. The brochures launch at a time when the operator reports bookings of its core UK breaks (excluding airport hotels) through agents are up 27% year on year. To meet the ongoing growth in demand, 16 new hotels enter the Superbreak programme plus 16 into Highlife. Overall prices lead in at £25pppn room only at the three star Edinburgh West End (Highlife).
Ian Mounser, sales director at Superbreak comments “Most agents have really got behind the promotion of hotel short breaks in the UK this year, with successful results. We have been able to deliver an ever increasing range of pre-bookable add-ons for agents to sell as well as the hotel itself, including rail offers, theatre, events, theme parks, attractions, concerts and special interest activities. These all help agents to increase their earnings and add value for their customers. These new brochures should help to maintain the excellent sales momentum we have built up in spite of the changeable weather, which again reinforces the fact that hotel break bookings are not heavily influenced by this.’’
New Hotels –
16 new hotels have been added to Superbreak.
* Five new Hotel Du Vins are now available in Henley, Bristol, Cambridge, Glasgow and Edinburgh with prices leading in at £65pppn b/b.
* The four star London Marriott Hotel Twickenham is a brand new hotel that sits within the South Stand of the rugby stadium. Priced from £50pppn b/b.
* The four star Staybridge Suites Newcastle-upon-Tyne are located just moments for the quayside and costs from £51.25pppn b/cb.
* Four star Radisson Blu Hotel Cardiff – Rising out from Cardiff's skyline, this new hotel is a 21 storey glass skyscraper with panoramic viewn and is located with in the city centre. Priced from £48.50pppn b/b.
* Three sar The Roundhouse Hotel Bournemeouth - Just a short walk from East Cliff Beach and the town’s main attractions, the hotel is prices from £29.50pppn b/b.
New hotels into Highlife include:
* Nine Coast and Country Hotels Group properties are now featured including the three star Lansdown Grove Hotel Bath, one of the oldest hotels in Bath (from £35pppn) and the three star Pitlochry Hydro Hotel (from £35pppn).
* The Three Star Innkeepers Lodge at the Black Bull York located just a few minutes from the city centre costs from just £30.35pppn b/cb.
* Three star Travelodge Eastbourne is located just 400 yards from the pier and costs from £28pppn room only.
* Three star Imperial Hotel Stroud is a hotel of Georgian origin and has a history spanning 200 years. Priced from £37.50pppn b/b.
New Attractions/products include:
* Regional theatre shows – Many of the big name shows are currently touring the UK including: We will Rock You; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; Les Miserables; The Sound of Music and Mama Mia. Prices start from £87.50pp including one night at a three star hotel and a ticket to see the Sound of Music in Manchester in December.
* The Merlin Annual Pass – This pass gives customers 12 months unlimited entry to the UK’s top attractions from just £100 per person, plus a host of benefits including up to 20% discount in Merlin gift shops and restaurants. The pass covers many of the UK’s leading visitor attraction including ; The London Eye; Madame Tussauds London; The Dungeons; Sea Life Centres; Warwick Castle; Legoland; Chessington World of Adventures; Alton Towers; Thorpe Park and Seal Sanctuaries.
* Very Haunted Live – This break invites customers to join an evening of paranormal investigations and ghostly goings-on. Breaks include a Ghost Walk in Chester, three course meal and overnight stay from just £89pp. And it is after dinner the real fun starts!
* Scotch Whisky Experience – Adding to the operator’s portfolio of attractions in Edinburgh (currently 14% up year on year in 2009) a new tour allows customers to take a barrel ride in Edinburgh and become part of the Whiskey making process. From the gently swaying fields of barley to the distillery, they can experience the variety of aromas and the experts will help them select their perfect dram. Prices from £11pp.
New Rail Offers - are now available from Wrexham and Shropshire trains into London to help meet the operator’s growing demand for rail inclusive packages. This railway operator offers direct trains to London from Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Telford and Tame Bridge Parkway. Prices are from just £32pp return In standard class when booking any standard London hotel break.
For more information and bookings call Superbreak on 0871 221 4444
or visit www.superbreak.com/agents