Superbreak Hits 100,000 Customers Target On Its Overseas Programme As 2009 Brochure Launches03 November 2008
Superbreak has for the first time booked over 100,000 customers onto its Overseas accommodation only through agents in a year (October 07 – September 08). The news comes as the operator launches its 2008/9 programme which features a selection of new destinations including Brisbane, Auckland, Fez, Palm Springs and Washington DC plus over 300 new hotels and a selection of additional excursions. For the next 12 months up to the end of September 2009, a new target of 115,000 customers has been set.
Ian Mounser, sales director at Superbreak comments “This year we’ve concentrated hard on redefining the mix of properties we offer and this is the second year that we have combined both our beach and cities products and we now feature accommodation, excursions, transfers and attractions worldwide.”
The brochure covers over 1,500 properties in 200 locations across both short and long haul, with a further 3,000 properties available on-line for agents to sell. 387 properties are new for 2008/9. The mix is now 70% cities, 30% beach with 25% of the operator’s beach product being self-catering. All inclusive options are also offered.
Mounser adds “With 78% of our overseas programme being three or four star properties, we cater particularly well for the middle market looking for great value. Agents are able to give customers excellent choice since we offer over 40 properties in each of our top 10 city and beach destinations. We continue to act as the principal, plus protect customer monies through our trust fund. As an operator that has been working closely with agents for over 25 years, we definitely represent a strongly trusted supplier of overseas accommodation in the current climate.”
New destinations include:
* Brisbane & Cairns, Australia – A hotel is now featured in both of these Australian cities. The four star Diana Plaza in Brisbane is priced from £40.25pppn r/o and the three star Cairns Plaza Hotel from £31.50pppn r/o.
* Waterloo, Belgium – Ideal for those interested in the historic Battle of Waterloo battlefield, the three star Ibis Waterloo hotel is now featured with prices from £36.50 pppn b/b.
* Palm Springs and Washington DC – both destinations now feature a hotel choice for agents to promote. The two star Americas Best Value Inn Palm Springs costs from £18.50pppn including continental breakfast. For those heading to Washington, the three star Rouge Hotel costs from £54.75pppn b/b.
* Auckland, New Zealand – this popular city on North Island is available for the first time. The Rendezvous Hotel is New Zealand's largest and most luxurious hotel, located in the heart of cosmopolitan Auckland, with a relaxing Japanese rooftop garden to view the sights. Prices start at £38.50pppn, room only.
Other new destinations include Quebec and Fez in Morocco.
* NEW OFFERS - New offers are available throughout the brochure. For example, a range of new three nights for the price of two offers in Paris this winter at some of the operator’s most popular hotels. The two star Kyriad Hotel Disneyland Resort is ideal for families and offers three nights for the price of two on selected dates in December, February and March. Three nights from £77.50pp.
* NEW FAMILY PROPERTIES IN TURKEY - New hotels on the Aegean Coast – located outside the Euro zone and offering great value for money for families. Within the family friend resort of Altinkum, the new five star Club Aegean, five star Beach Villas and four star Aegean Park all boast a superb selection of one, two and three bedroom apartments and private villas. Prices start from just £180.25 for a week in a 1 bedroom apartment.
* NEW HOTELS IN AMSTERDAM – Making a welcome return to the programme are five of the NH family of hotels in Amsterdam. The Spanish hotel chain is the largest in the city, and the standard of accommodation is excellent throughout. The five star NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is situated in the heart of Amsterdam, on Dam Square and prices start at £87.00pppn b/b.
* NEW EXCURSIONS – a range of new excursions are offered including a Candlelight Cruise in Amsterdam, a two hour romantic evening cruise with wine and cheeses included, from £20.25 per person.
Brochures will be with agents from 3 November onwards and cover stays up to 31 October 2009.
For more information and bookings call Superbreak on 0871 221 2828 or visit www.superbreak.com/agents