Superbreak Adds 280 Hotels & 7 New Destinations to 2nd Edition Overseas Accommodation Only Brochure 19 May 2008
Superbreak has added 280 new hotels, seven new cities, new Disneyland Paris packages and new attractions to its second edition overseas accommodation only programme covering stays up to 30 April 09. In total, 1600 properties are now brochured with a further 3450 available online at www.superbreak.com/agents - this represents an overall programme increase of 10% year on year. Sales through agents are strong according to the operator who reports a 13% year on year increase in the four months from January – April 2008 with over 35,000 customers booked. This is the first brochure to incorporate Superbreak’s new brand identity. Overall prices lead in at £4.50 pppn staying at the three star Goudelis Apartments in Sidari, Corfu on a room only basis.
400 different worldwide locations are featured and over 80% of the product is in the three and four star category, the remaining 20% catering for the two star budget or five star luxury markets. Furthermore, additional focus has been given to overseas attractions.
For the first time, Superbreak will be featuring packages that include entrance tickets to Disneyland Paris. Tickets can be booked in conjunction with a selection of central Paris hotels allowing families to enjoy the many attractions of the city centre together with Disney. Prices from £122 per adult, £38.50 per child including two nights’ accommodation plus a one day, two parks hopper ticket.
New destinations include:
The Germany city of Dresden is new into the second edition with four properties on sale including the three star Mark Hotel Alpha with prices from £37.75pppn.
Bratislava returns to the programme with four hotels now featured. These include the three star Kyjev Hotel which costs from £38.75pppn or the five star Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel from £49pppn.
The Greek island of Mykonos is now featured with prices from £19pppn at the three star Rhenia Hotel in Tourlos.
Further afield, four hotels have been added in Shanghai following the successful introduction of Beijing in 2007. Prices from £21.25pppn at the four star Shanghai Ruite Hotel.
Two properties are now available in Rio de Janeiro including the three star Plaza Copacabana Hotel costing from £35.75pppn.
Mumbai and New Delhi have been added, hot on the heels of Kerala and Goa which were new in 2007. A perfect stop over or stay put option, two properties are available in each city with prices from £12.25pppn at the three star B-Continental Hotel, New Delhi.
New properties include:
The new brochure features Atlantis, the brand new mega resort on The Palm in Dubai. It opens on 24 September and will be first hotel to open on Palm Jumeirah with prices from £93.25pppn.
Ideal for the family market, the Nickelodeon Family Suites in Florida have been added. The resort is themed around the shows from Nickelodeon and prices are from £54.75pppn based on two adults sharing – kids go free!
Scandic Group, the largest hotel group in Scandinavia has entered the programme and packages are available that include a city card for the destination allowing access to many of the attractions together with free public transport and discounts. Featured cities include Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Gothenburg and Bergen. Prices from £97 for two nights in Gothenburg including the city card.
The Costa Brava portfolio has been boosted with the introduction of H-Top Hotels, the largest hotel group in the region with properties in Lloret de Mar, Santa Susanna, Calella, Malgrat de Mar, Tossa de Mar and Pineda de Mar. This group offers an all inclusive system which allows you to stay in one property and play in all. Prices from £17.75pppn.
Furthermore, further emphasis has been placed on overseas attractions allowing agents to add-on additional elements to an accommodation only booking. Destinations offering attractions include Paris, Amsterdam, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Austria, Germany, Prague, Budapest, New York and other long haul cities.
Ian Mounser, sales director at Superbreak comments “The real appeal of our overseas accommodation programme is in the whole deal rather than one particular element. We act as Principal, are fully bonded, we pay attraction commissions, we offer good choice in all key locations, we have an easy bookable website, we print an attractive brochure for agents to stock, we have a prompt and efficient reservations centre, we offer a range of excursions/attraction plus great savers and discounts and give agents full sales support. All of this deserves the growing agent support that we are getting.”
For more information and bookings call Superbreak on 0871 221 2828 or visit www.superbreak.com/agents