Superbreak Continue To Expand Package Elements Within Its Main UK Brochures For 2008/925 February 2008
Superbreak Mini-Holidays has launch its two biggest programmes, Superbreak and Highlife, featuring new hotels, a new rail deal, new airport saver deals and a range of other pre-bookable product initiatives providing agents with even more commission earning opportunities. The launches come at a time when sales through agents in the nine months from May 07 – January 08 are up 16% year on year on core UK hotel breaks product, with agents now earning over £50 per booking on average.
In total, 145 hotels have been added to the two programmes, 71 in Superbreak and 74 in Highlife, bringing the number of brochured hotels now available to 1610, plus there are a further 250 non-brochured hotels available at www.superbreak.com/agents. Overall prices lead in at £31.50pppn at the three star Hampstead Britannia Hotel in London through Superbreak and £17.50pppn at the three star Quality Hotel in Wolverhampton through Highlife.
Certain hotel groups have seen their offering expanded with a broader range of hotels now featured. For example:
* Eight new hotels with the Principal Hayley Group have been added, bringing the total now offered to 19, including the four star Beaumont House in Windsor (featured in the Highlife brochure) which costs from £47.50pppn on a b/b basis.
* Seven new properties from Brook Hotels are now available, including the three star Bank House Hotel and Country Club, Worcester (featured in Superbreak) from £42.50pppn on a b/b basis.
* 11 additional McKever Hotels in Scotland are now featured, including the two star Cariston Hotel in Ayr (through Highlife) from £24.50pppn on a b/b basis. Previously only four were available.
* To illustrate the continuing expansion at the ‘Lodge’ end of the market, the Superbreak programme features four more Premier Inns, whilst Highlife features 14 additional Travelodges and 19 more hotels from Express by Holiday Inn, including the Edinburgh Royal Mile from £44.50pppn on bed and continental breakfast basis.
New into the programme are promotional rail fares with First Great Western, making the cost of rail inclusive breaks to and from the South West and South Wales even better value. This is the first time specific deals have been available in this region and makes rail travel to London even more affordable. For example, Bristol or Cheltenham to and from London now costs just £25pp standard class or £49 first class return. Plymouth or Cardiff to and from London costs from just £30pp standard or £59 first class return. These are in addition to excellent promotional fares continuing around the rest of the country on the East Coast line with National Express, the West Coast line with Virgin Trains and for Central England with East Midlands Trains.
Ideal for agents to promote to any customer booking an overseas holiday, both programmes now feature new unnamed ‘Supersaver’ special offers at a range of airport including Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow, Luton, Manchester and Stansted. These deals allow agents to offer customers the best available rates for three and four star hotels using Superbreak’s daily pricing system. Prices start from £24.50pp room only for one night at Glasgow Airport PLUS 15 days parking.
For 2008/9 the operator is featuring the widest ever range of inclusive packages covering pre-bookable theatre, rock, pop and classical concerts, theme parks, attractions, cultural events, sporting events, private tours, activity experiences and special interest breaks. New attractions include the state-of-the-art Thinktank Science Museum in Birmingham with packages from £42 per adult and £6.50 per child including fast track entry. Mary Poppins goes on tour around the UK from this summer and packages for Edinburgh and Manchester should be on sale through Superbreak shortly.
Other highlights include:
* 178 separate Orient Express day excursions, the largest ever offered. 114 British Pullman departures from London Victoria to over 30 locations and 64 Northern Belle departures from over 50 different northern stations. from £170 per person (Superbreak only).
* Two new spa breaks bringing the total now available to 29 (Superbreak only). Prices for the four star Mollington Hotel and Spa in Chester start from £149.50pp half board including a choice of spa treatments.
* Programmes continue to be underpinned by the Price Guarantee – if a customer is offered a cheaper price for the same packages by a hotel, Superbreak will refund the difference. Plus packages are always sold at the same price through travel agents as offered directly to the public.
* Children under 16 continue to either stay FREE or get a 50% reduction.
Ian Mounser, sales director at Superbreak Mini-Holidays comments: “With a portfolio of around 2,000 hotels overall, we are already able to offer our customers excellent choice in all key UK short break destinations. This time round our focus has been on refining the mix to ensure it has maximum appeal. We have worked really hard over the past 18 months to bring more pre-bookable elements that agents can offer customers on our UK breaks, all fully commissionable. This has been very well received by agents, as illustrated by the fact that of the 400,000 customers booked by agents on our core UK break products, during the last nine months from May 07 to January 2008, over half were on packages including elements other than just a hotel. This represents a 5% increase in bookings and a 16% increase in revenue, meaning that average commission earnings for agents have increased year-on-year by over 10%.”
Superbreak is due into agents from 22 February onwards (with overbrands for Thomas Cook, Advantage and Worldchoice) and Highlife from 6 March onwards
For more information and bookings call Superbreak (0871 221 4444) and
Highlife (0871 221 3355) or visit www.superbreak.com/agents