From Loin Cloths To Field Of Dreams21 January 2008
Superbreak gets quirky this Valentine’s Day with top five ideas for agents to push
Superbreak reports that many bookings for Valentine breaks have yet to be made providing agents with a clear opportunity to boost revenue over the coming weeks. The operator expects to make a further 10,000 bookings through agents for breaks either on Valentine’s Day, on the weekends either side of it or as a gift for an event later in the year. To help, the operator has come up with its top five ideas for eye catching ideas for agents to push.
All the below are combined with overnight accommodation -
1) JOSEPH IN LONDON – for many this is the ultimate treat – Lee Mead in a loin cloth!
2) CADBURY WORLD – forget the traditional box of chocolates, this is a chocoholics heaven.
3) THE FIELD OF DREAMS – make his day with a visit to Manchester United Museum and a tour of the ground.
4) CHAMPAGNE IN THE SKY – enjoy a glass of Laurent-Perrier high above London’s skyline with a flight on the London Eye.
5) SHANE WARD AT THE O2 – ogle at the X Factors hottest property as he performs live in London on 21 March.
Graham Balmforth, national sales manager at Superbreak comments “Valentine’s is always big business and this year it falls on a Thursday so agents can promote the day itself plus the two weekends either side. We also see a lot of bookings for people buying packages to popular events and giving them as Valentine’s gifts. Aside from the traditional countryside hotels we’ve come up with some more quirky suggestions for partners which agents can promote in their windows over the coming weeks.”
The operator also reports the added earning potential this period provides for agents. The average spend for a Superbreak package over the Valentine’s period is 10/15% higher than normal and provides an average commission for agents of over £55. Valentine’s also provides agents with a great opportunity to trade customers up not just through room upgrades but also other treats such as first class rail.
For more information and bookings call Superbreak 0871 221 4444 or visit www.superbreak.com/agents