North West England Hotels
Number of hotels in this location - 367
There are lots of great reasons why our hotels in North West England are amongst our most popular short break destinations; great cities, full of some of the best shopping outside London and world-renowned attractions. With exciting music venues, top-class sport and fine dining, there’s much to see and do in the area’s big cities, whilst for a relaxing break away from the hustle and hustle, our hotels in Cheshire make an ideal choice.
When you’re planning a stay in this region, be sure to check out our great value dinner deals too – two night packages with dinner included on the first night often offer the perfect country retreat, particularly in our hotels in Cheshire and in the Manchester area. When you’re off on a longer break, be certain to take advantage of our handy Manchester Airport hotels too.
- For a break with the whole family, nothing beats the Lancashire seaside and our hotels in Blackpool; check out the ever-popular Pleasure Beach, the local Madame Tussauds, and scale the heights for terrific views at Blackpool Tower.
- Our Liverpool hotels are perfect for visiting the cultural city – find yourself at a trendy restaurant close to the Albert Docks, taking a ferry across the Mersey, or on the trail of The Beatles at the world-famous Cavern Club.
- Visit two of the country’s footballing giants at Old Trafford or the Etihad Stadium, or enjoy the infamous nightlife when you stay at one of our hotels in Manchester.
- Our hotels in Chester have much to offer too – enjoy a family trip to the nationally-renowned Chester Zoo, or enjoy some of the best outlet shopping in the country at Cheshire Oaks.
A fabulous choice for your next short break destination, check out our range of hotels in the North-West in the list below.
Choose Hotels by Availability
Hotels in North West England
Enjoy a short break on the coast by choosing one of our great value Blackpool hotels. As one of Britain’s best loved seaside towns, Blackpool has something to offer the whole family with a kaleidoscope of colourful attractions, white-knuckle rides, charming hotels and miles of golden sands to discover.
Situated on the western outskirts of Manchester, booking a hotel in Bolton gives you the chance to explore lots of places and some top attractions. Discover Bolton, famous for its celebrities, friendly people and Albert Halls. Shop in the Middlebrook Retail & Leisure Park, watch a match at the Reebok Stadium or unwind in the nearby Lever Park. There are also great transport links around the area, meaning exploring a little further afield is easily done.
- With the largest collection of working steam engines in the UK, Bolton Steam Museum is a must for anyone with an interest…lots of exhibits and lots of history
- Perfect if you’re bringing little ones with you, Smithills Open Farm gives the whole family a chance to meet some of nature’s favourites – from piglets to Llamas, owls to snakes!
- Take in a regional show at the Manchester Palace Theatre, showcasing some of London’s finest West End hits as they travel around the UK
- Visit any of the many museums located in and around Manchester, from science & history to football
Looking for hotels in Chester? Here at SuperBreak we have a wide selection of accommodation that allows you to explore a city shaped by 2,000 years of history and circled by a two mile ring of medieval and Roman walls.
Known for its picturesque scenery, quiet glens and famed TT motor sports, hotels in the Isle of Man are a great base for exploring one of Britain’s most interesting locations. With an abundance of tranquil walking routes, unique fishing spots, vintage railways, 4 main harbours and 6 cycling trails, you’re truly spoilt for choice when it comes to outdoor adventures in the spectacular countryside. Must sees include:
- From Viking treasures to wartime memorabilia, the Manx Museum is a great place to spend a couple of hours learning about this intriguing isle
- Originally built by the Norse king in 1265, Castle Rushen is filled with history and stories as well as offering incredible views from the top of the spiral staircase
- Take the Snaefell Mountain Railway 600 metres up for amazing views of the island…make sure you check the weather and pick a sunny day!
Our extensive range of Liverpool hotels can be found in all corners of this diverse city, and its attractions are no exception. Crowned the cultural capital of the North West, Liverpool offers a rich tapestry of fine art galleries, museums and a great choice of hotels in Liverpool city centre.
Booking a hotel in Manchester is a must. The cosmopolitan city is known for being the lively capital of the North West, with a superb range of Manchester hotels perfect for discovering the city’s unique vibrant atmosphere. The city offers ground-breaking architecture such as Beetham Tower, world class shopping at the Trafford Centre, and amazing nightlife comprising of everything from Real Ale pubs to cutting-edge clubs.
Manchester Airport has 3 terminals with direct flights to over 190 destinations worldwide, operated by over 95 airlines. Just 10 miles south of the city centre, hotels near Manchester Airport are connected with great road links if travelling by car, and are well served by train, bus and coach services. These hotels all include parking at Manchester Airport which is a huge help when planning your break. No more hassle with
- As 1 in 6 of us admit to having some anxiety about flying, many of the major airlines now offer courses to help you make the most of your holiday. Based within Manchester Airport, it’s definitely worth a look if you struggle with the journey
- Manchester Airport is brilliant for duty free shopping, All of your favourite big name brands are available, from beauty products to technology, fashion to those all-important in-flight goodies
By booking a hotel at Manchester Airport, you can leave all of the stress and strain of travelling to or from the airport on your day of flying. Stay overnight and be relaxed and refreshed, ready to jet off on your break or pack up ready for home. Settled a mere 10 miles south of Manchester city centre, the airport offers good road links if travelling by car and is well served by train, bus and coach services.
- Flights from Manchester Airport depart to more than 190 destinations worldwide, from European city favourites like Rome and Barcelona, to the glorious sandy beaches of the Caribbean
- To help your journey through the airport run even more smoothly, you can now arrange a FastTrack from as little as £3.50pp. This makes it super easy to fly through to the lounge, and giving you extra time to explore the duty free
Boasting miles of picturesque landscape peppered with quaint market towns and elegant villages, hotels in outer Manchester are a rural piece of heaven within easy reach of the bustling city centre. From here, discover the quaint market towns of Ashton-under-Lyme and Stockport, admire Salford’s historic buildings along Bridgewater Canal or discover Oldham’s industrial past. The lively sights and sounds of Manchester are always nearby!
- Whether you’re in a group, family or just a couple, a day at Stonerig Raceway is an absolute must for adrenaline junkies who love life in the fast lane!
- Experience the unique feeling of flying with a day at the Airkix Indoor Skydiving centre! With fully qualified instructors you can feel what it’s like to jump out of a plane at 24,000 feet!
- Stockport’s oldest townhouse, Staircase House is an incredible example of Jacobean architecture, drawing visitors year-upon-year to witness its ornate staircase. It’s a great way to spend an hour or so discovering the beauty of the historic buildings
Preston provides some outstanding buildings including over 770 Grade I and II listed buildings. The Harris Museum and Art Gallery offers exhibitions to suit all tastes and the National Football museum features exciting interactive displays. Preston has a variety of open spaces from moorland at Beacon Fell, woodlands and ornamental gardens.
- Pay a visit to Tubary Woods Owl and Bird of Prey Sanctuary and see more than 80 species of bird, take part in the demonstrations and learn all about the conservation efforts of the team who run the centre
- A Lancashire gem, Hoghton Tower stands proudly overlooking the countryside from its wonderful Tudor walls – a guided tour can tell you all about its in-depth history
- The perfect way to discover all there is to know about the region, the Museum of Lancashire lets you into the history of the county’s archaeology, industry, entertainers, wildlife, war and more
Nestled in the charming Cheshire landscape, hotels in Warrington are the perfect base for exploring the North West. For culture vultures, head to the Cultural Quarter with its Museum, Parr Hall and Pyramid Arts Centre. Or why not take in the town’s history at the Bridgewater Canal. Shop in the plush Golden Square shopping centre or relax in the trendy bars and characteristic pubs. For families, Gulliver’s World is nearby.
- Spend a lovely day at Walton Hall Gardens, exploring the beautiful landscaping, the picturesque park and the ever-popular petting zoo! It’s ideal if you’ve got little ones with you
- For a great walk take a trip to Lymm Dam Nature Reserve, where you can wander around the lake and the dam whilst wildlife spotting and making the most of the scenery
- One of the oldest municipal museums in the country, Warrington Museum & Art Gallery is often a popular attraction when in the area. As well as amazing displays, there’s often a bust events schedule to keep an eye out for
Please note that information contained in these location guides was correct at the time of research, but may be liable to change. Any mentioned attractions/points of interest can change or close. Maps are a guide only. If you do find any inaccuracies or know of something you feel deserves inclusion in our guides, please email your comments to email@example.com.