North East England Hotels
Number of hotels in this location - 93
Perfect for a short break, our hotels in North-East England range from budget city accommodation to luxury country retreats. Up-and-coming cultural hubs, cities in the North-East are also famous for their unique nightlife and fab shopping – our Newcastle hotels and hotels near Middlesbrough are handy for it all. When you’re off on a longer break, be sure to check out the hotels near Newcastle Airport for the best way to get your holiday off on the right foot.
Whatever you’re looking for from a getaway, our hotels in the North-East have something to offer; relaxing, picturesque and ideal for walks, Northumberland hotels are just as appealing as those in region’s big cities – for entirely different reasons. Escape to the country for one of our relaxed dinner break, unwind at a spa, or enjoy the splendour of an afternoon tea package at one of our hotels in North-East England.
- One of the country’s top city breaks, don’t miss our Newcastle hotels for the best of the North-East’s great shopping, top sport, infamous nightlife, events and art galleries such as the renowned BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art.
- Our hotels near Durham are also a superb choice for a short break; be sure to soak up the city’s ambience and appreciate its fabulous historical attractions – the gothic Durham Cathedral and the Norman Durham Castle are both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Perhaps the area’s most scenic spot, the Northumbria coast is a must-see, and our hotels near Berwick couldn’t be better placed for visits to Alnwick Castle, Holy Island at Lindisfarne, and Hadrian’s Wall.
An excellent choice for your next short break destination, check out our range of hotels in the North-East in the list below.
Choose Hotels by Availability
Hotels in North East England
Discover the north east coast with a stay in one of our Berwick and Northumberland hotels, and enjoy some of the most stunning scenery that the IL has to offer. With a long and turbulent past, tranquil countryside and miles of beaches, Northumberland is a truly rugged and wild landscape, perfect for escaping the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
A popular destination for short breaks in the north east of England, Durham is jam-packed with attractions and there a great range of hotels in Durham to choose from.
- The town is well known for its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites; the striking Norman Cathedral that towers above the River Wear and the Norman Castle, which is today home to University College Durham.
- Visitors to Durham can enjoy a day out at the Oriental Museum which is near to many of our hotels in Durham to explore artefacts from ancient Asia.
- Visitors staying in our hotels in Darlington can explore the world’s first passenger railway and can learn more about its rich rail history, by taking a trip to the Darlington Railway and Museum Centre.
Middlesbrough is a vibrant city with a wealth of visitor attractions for short break lovers to enjoy. If you love to do a bit of shopping on your mini getaways, visit the elegant Hillstreet Shopping Centre where you’ll find all the high street favourites and some local gems. Discover contemporary art at the modern MIMA Gallery or the history behind Captain Cook at the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum – ideal for adding a little culture to your break. Hotels in Middlesbrough also offer great options for families; visit Newham Grange Leisure Farm or head to the picturesque North Yorkshire Moors National Park situated nearby.
- You’d be forgiven for thinking this place offers cream teas and scones, but Roseberry Topping is in fact a hill on the North Yorkshire border offering incredible views of the surrounding area. Perfect for a day out walking or with a picnic
- Learn all about the history of the wealthy Pennyman family, who have called Ormesby Hall ‘home’ for more than 400 years. It’s a wonderful look back through time, and offers a great day out for the whole family
Looking for hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne? Well look no further as we have the ideal hotel for anyone looking to take advantage of the Toon. Whilst Newcastle is rightly renowned for its nightlife, there is a lot more to the city and the surrounding area than just a good night. Whether you’re looking for culture, leisure or just a lazy weekend away, Newcastle has it all.
Our Newcastle Airport hotels are the ideal place to spend a night’s sleep before or after your exciting trip abroad. Located just 20 minutes from central Newcastle, you can enjoy all of the incredible attractions the city has to offer any short break visitor. Spend the evening wandering around the stunning quayside with the multi-coloured Millennium Bridge as a backdrop, then head for some delicious food and drink in the centre of town. You can even make time to experience the infamous Newcastle nightlife…but don’t miss your flight!
- On return from your trip, catch the Metro from within the airport to any number of central Newcastle stations. Failing that, taxi drivers will be more than happy to drop you in the city centre for approximately £20
Discover the charm of the outer Newcastle area, home to bustling market towns and villages nestled amongst the spectacular countryside. If a vibrant nightlife and abundance of bars & restaurants is what you need, then stay more centrally and you’ll be spoilt for choice. However, hotels in Newcastle outer offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy a blend of exciting nightlife and tranquil, rural living. Surrounded by captivating countryside, most of the Northumbria region offers a stunning coastline, and an array of visitor attractions and events.
- Just 20 mins on the Metro or 10 mins by car, Tynemouth Beach is a surprising and breath-taking addition to the area. Miles of golden sandy beaches, an aquarium and plenty of traditional seaside favourites make it the perfect day out
- For an adrenaline-fuelled day by the sea, time your break with the annual Sunderland International Air Show. With acrobatics from the likes of the Red Arrows and plenty of stalls, food & drink, it’s a great day out, especially when the sun is shining
- Even outside of Newcastle centre you can enjoy a fun-filled night out. Whitley Bay is renowned for its range of bars and pubs along the coastline – a stag do favourite. However, it’s a great place for anyone to enjoy a few drinks with a view
Please note that information contained in these location guides was correct at the time of research, but may be liable to change. Any mentioned attractions/points of interest can change or close. Maps are a guide only. If you do find any inaccuracies or know of something you feel deserves inclusion in our guides, please email your comments to email@example.com.