We currently have over 150 members of staff working for us. From the sales team who work closely with Travel Agents to the Contracts team that secure our fantastic hotels and offers, the call centre team who are on hand to advise customers with their booking or the web team who help make it all work there are plenty of career opportunities within SuperBreak.
Yield & Commercial Executive
The SuperBreak Product Department Team is currently recruiting for a Yield & Commercial Executive
Based in the Product department and reporting to the Yield and Commercial Manager the successful candidate for the newly created role will collate and interrogate sales by channel, margin, availability and market data and provide recommendations in order to maximise commercial opportunities for distribution of all SuperBreak's broad product range.
As Yield and Commercial Executive, the successful candidates will:
- Create both regular and ad hoc sales analysis reports and dashboards that provide clear MI including margin by product, channel and supplier and make suitable recommendations to maximize profitability
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the hotel boosting tool
- Ensure the optimum return by continually testing, monitoring and refining based on results analysis
- Yield management of risk stock
- Make recommendations to internal stakeholders based on the yield management of the risk stock
- Identify opportunities to boost margin where market conditions allow
- Provide weekly MI to support the Product team, and assist with monthly Board reports
- Undertake competitor analysis of all Product related stock
- Ensure we have sufficient allocation to meet programme objectives by monitoring availability and requesting additional availability from suppliers where necessary
- Extraction and manipulation of data to support product and contracting activity
- Creation of Bed brief templates for the Product Team
The successful individual will have the following experience and skills:
- Highly analytical
- Ability to operate with a commercial perspective
- Use of data and insight to drive action and change
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Access
- Strong organisation and communication skills
The Finance Department are currently recruiting for a Finance Administrator
This is a development and change focused role with some operational responsibility.
Based within the Finance department the primary purpose of the Finance Administrator role is to support the Accounts team with administrative financial tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate voucher codes upon request, including vouchers for partners, internal customer relations and customer loyalty vouchers
- Investigate and resolve any queries relating to vouchers (internal queries from Contact Centre, external queries from customers and suppliers)
- Redeem third party vouchers taken in payment including monthly reconciliation of nominal position
- Daily reconciliation of vouchers, investigating and resolving any discrepancies
- Ensure all personal employee expense claims are checked and verified in accordance with company policies and are processed in a timely manner
- Monthly upload of company credit card statement, ensuring that all expenses are checked and approved
- Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices directly into the Finance system, ensuring approval is obtained
The successful individual will have the following experience and skills:
- Strong and competent administrator with good numeracy skills
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative and can plan and prioritise work load efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills with a professional manner and the ability to correspond by e-mail effectively
- Experience of working in an accounts department or a similar role
- Must be numerate and have the ability to process and interpret complicated information
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
UK Product Manager
The SuperBreak Product Department is currently recruiting for a UK Product Manager.
An energetic and enthusiastic individual is required to join the Hotel Contracts’ Department as a regional Product Manager. This position may be York-based, or home-based, dependent on candidate’s residence, with up to 80% of time spent on the road. This position would suit a highly-motivated self-starter, with experience in either hotel contracting or hotel sales/revenue management.
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Head of UK Hotel Contracting, you will be responsible for developing existing, and building new relationships, with suppliers within a defined region.
Some Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Sole responsibility for ongoing relationships with existing hotel partners within the designated areas.
- Working closely with our hotel partners to maximise sales, by securing competitive prices, special offers and good availability.
- To visit 90% of the hotels within the designated area at least once a year and meet with key properties and hotel groups quarterly.
- To actively source new properties for inclusion in the brand portfolios operated by SuperBreak.
- To carry out any relevant pricing, availability and market share analysis in preparation for meetings.
- Work closely with the Hotel Pricing and Information Team (PIT) to ensure sales’ maximisation, through the effective maintenance of hotel room supply.
- To assist the Contracting Assistants in resolving issues which are raised in the re-contracting process relating to your hotels.
- Supported by a York-based Product Development Assistant, you will provide guidance and instruction to assist with daily tasks associated with the role, including assistance with appointment scheduling and bed brief initiatives relevant to areas within your remit.
The SuperBreak IT Department is currently recruiting for a Web Developer.
We are looking to expand our internal development team who handle the development, maintenance and support of our ecommerce platform.
As a SuperBreak Web Developer you will ...
- Take responsibility for the project lifecycle of delivery
- Maintain and improve software quality
- Demonstrate good programming concepts
- Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within your product team
- Work closely with the developers to ensure your software delivery is of a high standard
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Work closely with Marketing, Web Content and Product teams
- Coordinate regular release cycles
- Participate in a 2 tier on-call support rota providing out of hours’ support to the business
And you are ...
- Already a competent Developer who has experience working with languages such as C#, VB.Net or node.js
- Hungry to learn and self-motivated
- Passionate not just about the result, but how you get there and the technologies to use
- Able to communicate a complicated problem coherently to a team with different skill sets
- A team player who is willing to contribute and share ideas and knowledge
- Able to prioritise and manage workflow process
What we can offer ...
- Opportunity to work on a multi-million-pound turnover e-commerce solution including B2C and B2B across both web and mobile
- Exciting product knowledge working within a busy Travel Organisation
- Experience of complex 3rd party interactions through API’s and XML Messaging handling several million hits per day
Our tech stack currently covers: .Net MVC, Angular, JQuery, XML, XSLT, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Xamarin, Handlebars, node.js, CMS, TeamCity, SQL Server, Oracle, Source Control (preferably SVN) + GIT
The SuperBreak IT Department is currently recruiting for a Tester.
An enthusiastic, motivated individual is required to join the IT Department as a Tester.
Working closely as part of the Programme Office the successful Tester will be working in a fast-paced environment testing the website and reservations system functionality.
This position would suit someone with extensive knowledge of our website, reservation systems and our customers with excellent attention to detail and an eye for identifying improvements.
Purpose of role:
- You will be responsible for understanding the business needs and requirements within specific projects, generally in relation to the SuperBreak website and back office systems. You will create test plans based on these requirements and perform testing to ensure quality in the software delivered to these systems.
- The Tester will work across a range of projects and business as usual activities with various business teams and departments to ensure requirements have been accurately met in system developments within the SuperBreak IT department.
Some Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Being able to demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills along with a flexible and positive attitude and have the confidence to work with minimum supervision.
- The testing of fixes and changes made to the website following tickets being raised by the business.
- You must be highly organised and able to plan ahead and manage your time across a busy "business as usual" 2 weekly cycle, whilst continuing to support project work.
- Being able to understand and follow a detailed requirement document for a new project or journey to the website and being able to write a detailed test plan to enable the testing of all new functionality requested in the requirement document.
Key Skills Required:
- Confidence to raise issues
- Investigation and replication of issues
- Effective communication skills
- Strong prioritisation and planning skills and ability to manage workflow process and own workload
- Team player
- Able to make decisions and use own initiative
- Creative, comes up with ideas, seeks to improve the norm
- Takes pride in the work that is delivered and works effectively to ensure a process of constant improvement exists
- Prepared to learn new skills
- Passionate about what you do