Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel Christmas Break
4 4 Star:
Search Christmas Package Availability
Christmas Package Itinerary
- 3 Nights from Sun 24 Dec 2017
- Board basis: Full Board
- 24 December 2017 - Arrive at your leisure then make your way to the King's Lounge for a delicious Hampshire cream tea with views of the Cathedral. In the evening join us for a Champagne reception where a local choir will perform your favourite Christmas carols. A three course dinner follows in the Wessex Restaurant. To end the day, experience a traditional Midnight Mass at the Cathedral followed by mulled red wine and mince pies on your return.
25 December 2017 - Start Christmas Day with a leisurely breakfast and a stroll around the historic city, or simply open all those presents! At midday join fellow guests in the King's Lounge for chilled Champagne before enjoying a fabulous lunch served in the Cathedral Suite. Then relax in the King's Lounge with a coffee and a slice of Christmas cake while watching the Queen's speech. In the evening a light fork buffet will be served
26 December 2017 - After a traditional breakfast, the morning is yours to spend at leisure. From 1pm a light lunch of warming soup and sandwiches will be served. In the afternoon why not see Peter Pan at the Theatre Royal or try the Cathedral ice rink? (bookable and payable locally). In the evening a three-course dinner will be served in the Wessex Restaurant
26 December 2017 - Set yourself up for the journey home with a hearty breakfast.
The Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel is situated in the heart of this former capital of England. With its stylish warm and traditional decor the hotel offers a spacious and welcoming home away from home
Many of the bedrooms at the Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel overlook the famous 900 year old Cathedral, a view that is not to be missed. Their ideal location means easy access to the main high street shops and boutiques and is within easy walking distance of many of the historical attractions that Winchester has to offer.
The Wessex Restaurant offers the very best of British produce and features magnificent floodlit views of the Cathedral by night. For traditional cream teas, light snacks and selection of drinks and fine wine, the Kings Lounge offers an informal and relaxed atmosphere-with the view thrown in.
With easy access to the M3, Mercure Winchester Wessex is just a short drive from many of Hampshire greatest attractions including The New Forest, Beaulieu, and The Watercress Line to name but a few.
Hotel Facilities & Services
- Total Floors Number: 2
- Total Rooms Number: 94
- Non-Smoking throughout the hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Multilingual Staff
- Concierge Desk
- Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
- Internet Access
- Room Service 24hr: Yes
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Sofa Beds Children Only: 12
- Cable/Satellite TV channels
- Parking at Hotel Cost: £10.00 Per Night
- Name: WINCHESTER
- Distance: 1 mile
- Name: SOUTHAMPTON
- Distance: 7 miles
- Cots/Cribs Free: Yes
- Interconnecting Rooms
- Baby Sitting
Bar and Restaurant
Breakfast served from
- Saturday/Sunday: 07:30
- Monday to Friday: 06:30
Breakfast served to
- Saturday/Sunday: 10:30
- Monday to Friday: 09:30
- Bar in Hotel
- Restaurant in hotel
- Children's Menu available
- Highchairs available
- Guide dogs only
- Nearest Rail Name: Winchester Distance: 1 mile
- Nearest Airport Name: Southampton Distance: 7 miles
To view our full selection of accommodation in Winchester & Area, view our hotels in Winchester & Area page.
SuperBreak Customer Rating
- Overall: SuperBreak Overall Rating: 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 review
- Sleep: SuperBreak Sleep Rating: 5.0 out of 5
- Breakfast: SuperBreak Breakfast Rating: 5.0 out of 5
- Staff: SuperBreak Staff Rating: 5.0 out of 5
- Location: SuperBreak Location Rating: 5.0 out of 5
3 Day Christmas Break
Stay Date: 24/12/2015, a customer aged 65+ who stayed in this hotel wrote this review.
Upon arrival we were shown to a disabled parking bay for hotel residents and then into the reception area of the hotel. This was brilliantly decorated to give that Christmas feeling and then upon going to our separate rooms Christmas presents were wa… See more
Upon arrival we were shown to a disabled parking bay for hotel residents and then into the reception area of the hotel. This was brilliantly decorated to give that Christmas feeling and then upon going to our separate rooms Christmas presents were waiting. The rooms were excellent for single people with plenty of room, en suite, television and the bed was quite large for single occupancy. During our stay the rooms were tidied daily. Both the dining area and food was excellent as was the service, no complaints what so ever. In addition the location of the hotel meant you only had a 5 minute walk to the city centre. Having visited Winchester on 2 previous occasions this was the best hotel I had stayed in and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. We will be going again. Collapse
Overall Hotel Rating: 5 out of 5
- Destination: 5 out of 5
- Sleep: 5 out of 5
- Breakfast: 5 out of 5
- Staff: 5 out of 5
- Shops: 5 out of 5
- Cathedral: 5 out of 5
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017
Superbreak star ratings are given as a guide to help you choose between our hotels and do not necessarily relate to those awarded by other organisations.
They symbolise the level of service and range of facilities that you can expect at the property; ranging from 1 star - hotels with the simplest range of facilities, to five stars - luxury hotels with a wider range of facilities.
Please note that different countries have different standards and star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located.