Holiday Inn Thessaloniki
5 5 Star:
Per Person Per Night
Search for room availability
Whichever the purpose of your visit, business or leisure, Holiday Inn Thessaloniki constitutes a unique experience. Comfort, elegance, courtesy and promptness are just a few of the elements on which the hotel's philosophy is based. It is situated in Thessaloniki, a modern city which is a crossroad of history, culture and trade. The hotel combines the experience and quality of an international chain hotel with the surprising Mediterranean temperament and the famous Greek hospitality.
To view our full selection of accommodation in Thessaloniki, view our hotels in Thessaloniki page.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating
- Overall: based on 348 reviews
- Sleep Quality:
Stay Date: 09/2017, TINAKI59 wrote this review.
1. My first impression was when I parked my car in a space outside the hotel, where there were many parked cars, in order to carry my suitcases to my room and although I declared to a lady who was the supervisor of the reception, that in about 10 mi… See more
1. My first impression was when I parked my car in a space outside the hotel, where there were many parked cars, in order to carry my suitcases to my room and although I declared to a lady who was the supervisor of the reception, that in about 10 minutes I was going to take my car to the hotel’s parking, she declared to me in a very authoritative way, that she cannot guarantee the safety of my car even for one minute!! (what a warm welcome for a 5 star hotel!!!) The rest of the people at the reception were very friendly and smiley!! As you realise as a result I parked my car in another parking nearby for our whole stay!! 2. Although I had a non smoking room with a double bed and they confirmed it at the Reception upon my arrival, I ended up with a smoking room with an ash tray and two single beds attached to each other! 3. The bed sheets were very narrow, so that they could not cover the mattress and as a result during our sleep we ended up lying on the mattress without sheets underneath as probably did all previous clients!! 4. The bath basin in the bathroom was a mini one for kids and definitely not for adults!! 5. The bath curtain was old and smelling very bad!! 6.The wash basing was flooded all the time! 7.There was no cold water everywhere in the bathroom. There was only warm and hot. 8.The A/C was a fan coil on the floor, which is very good for the Hotel corridors or offices, but completely unacceptable for bedrooms as it is very noisy!!! 9. The balcony was dirty and rusty. 10. Finally when I asked the reception to speak to the Hotel Mgr, the reply was that there is no such person on Sundays!!! No wonder why the rate we paid was 73 euros per night!!! After all these we decided not to buy anything from this hotel, and leave only a 10 euros tip for some nice people at the reception!!! Collapse
Very short but nice visit
Stay Date: 08/2017, Sladja P wrote this review.
I have spent only a few days here but I find it appropriate for organising a small scale seminars, consultative meetings etc. or simply for a private visit (for solo travellers or couples). My room (5th floor) was spacious and cozy, also reasonably q… See more
I have spent only a few days here but I find it appropriate for organising a small scale seminars, consultative meetings etc. or simply for a private visit (for solo travellers or couples). My room (5th floor) was spacious and cozy, also reasonably quiet. The staff was very friendly, and the food was very tasty. The location of the hotel is perfect (walking distance from the bus station and the city centre). I had a great time there! Collapse
Stay Date: 08/2017, NY_global2 wrote this review.
This is a nice hotel in a not so nice part of the city, and although it is a short (15 minutes or so) walk to the city, walking back to it late at night felt a little lets say ... sketchy ... The fact that there is construction for the metro all arou… See more
This is a nice hotel in a not so nice part of the city, and although it is a short (15 minutes or so) walk to the city, walking back to it late at night felt a little lets say ... sketchy ... The fact that there is construction for the metro all around doesn't help. It is close to the central train station however, so that is a plus if you are travelling there by train. Our room was very nice, newly renovated, although for a "junior suite" it was a tad smaller than I would have expected, but that was not a problem. What was a problem was the tiny window that looked out on to a white wall of the same hotel. When I asked to see another room, I was told that all junior suites were in the same position of the hotel, and that they all had the same tiny little window and the same view. Makes no difference of you are on the 6th floor or the 1st. I was shown a regular room, which had a large balcony door and a balcony, but I decided not to change because that whole floor had the stench of cigarettes. It's a shame that a brand new renovated floor and room smelled so badly, I don't see why they don't make the whole hotel smoke free, as the floor we were on was. It's also a shame that they put the junior suites in a position where they don't have a decent sized window. I can't understand what their architect was thinking. I was told that the 8th floor was suites only, but the whole floor is being renovated. Hopefully they will get it right up there. The room was nicely furnished though, the bed was a quality bed, and it was all nicely and tastefully done. On the major plus side is the hotel staff. Everyone was very nice, very professional, and very eager to help. Like I said, this is a decent place to stay and a decent price level. Having stayed at many 5 star hotels though, I would say this is maybe a 4 star at best, but it is good value for money. Nice place to stay, short walk from the city center. Collapse
very enjoyable stay, all aspects
Stay Date: 08/2017, JosefLav wrote this review.
Very nice hotel, large and comfortable room, good lighting which is often not so in other hotels, helpful staff, good location even if not in the exact center of the city but within walking distance or 4-5 Euro taxi ride to-from anyplace. VERY nice a… See more
Very nice hotel, large and comfortable room, good lighting which is often not so in other hotels, helpful staff, good location even if not in the exact center of the city but within walking distance or 4-5 Euro taxi ride to-from anyplace. VERY nice and inexpensive restaurant serving good quality lunch and dinner. We enjoyed our stay. Collapse
Holiday Inn - place where your expectations are always higher than hotel could offer?
Stay Date: 07/2017, zorbao wrote this review.
Writing review after only one night/day in hotel. It's a easy to get, at Monastiriou street, which continue as famous Egnatia street, one of the central streets in Thessaloniki. The whole city center and sea coast is about 10-15 minutes from hotel, b… See more
Writing review after only one night/day in hotel. It's a easy to get, at Monastiriou street, which continue as famous Egnatia street, one of the central streets in Thessaloniki. The whole city center and sea coast is about 10-15 minutes from hotel, by foot. Mark is more 4- than 4+ As I already wrote it (as title) I think that expectations from Holiday Inn hotels are always very high. I'm only little disappointed with condition of bathroom, the refrigerator is not refrigerating, but more - heating. The room was nice, clean, big. View from the room is not spectacular, but who will sit on terrace of hotel in one of the main street with noisy traffic. There is a special garage with parking space for hotel guest, but it is charged - 10 Euros per day, which is, I think, very unprofessional management decision? Almost in front of hotel, there are some city, infrastructure works, so I hope everything will look better after finishing these works. Anyway - next time visiting Thessaloniki - probably will find some another hotel. Collapse
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017
Superbreak star ratings are given as a guide to help you choose between our hotels and do not necessarily relate to those awarded by other organisations.
They symbolise the level of service and range of facilities that you can expect at the property; ranging from 1 star - hotels with the simplest range of facilities, to five stars - luxury hotels with a wider range of facilities.
Please note that different countries have different standards and star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located.