Danubius Hotel Arena
4 4 Star:
Per Person Per Night
- Located in the city district of Pest
- Leisure and spa facilities
- Enjoy a meal in the Oregano Restaurant
Search for room availability
Danubius Hotel Arena is located in the city district of Pest, conveniently situated a few steps from the metro station; therefore the city’s sights, attractions and highlights are within easy reach. The hotel is also 20km from Budapest’s Liszt Ferenc Airport.
Guest rooms at Danubius Hotel Arena are newly-renovated and are designed with comfort in mind. Each room provides air-conditioning, an en-suite bathroom, an LCD TV with cable channels and Pay-TV, direct-dial telephone, internet access, hairdryer and minibar.
For delicious food, Danubius Hotel Arena offers the Oregano Restaurant, a modern restaurant that tempts your taste buds with Italian specialities in a Mediterranean ambiance. After a busy day of exploring the Hungarian capital, the wellness centre also provides a bath, heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, infra-sauna, solarium, revitalizing and relaxing massages and hair and beauty salon. In addition, the hotel provides excellent leisure facilities and Danubius’s best Premier Fitness Club offers a fully air-conditioned fitness room with cardio and fitness equipment, fitness check-ups, personal fitness training and nutrition advice.
Hotel Facilities & Services
- Total Rooms Number: 379
- Lift to all Floors
- Air Conditioned Public Areas
- Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
- Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Mini bar
- In Room Safe
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Cable/Satellite TV channels
- Offsite Parking Distance: 50 metres
- Indoor Pool Free: Yes
- Treatment Rooms
- Sauna Free: No
- Solarium Free: No
- Gym Free: Yes
- Name: Budapest Southern Railway Station
- Distance: 7 kilometres
- Name: Budapest Airport
- Distance: 20 kilometres
- Interconnecting Rooms
Bar and Restaurant
Breakfast served from
- Saturday/Sunday: 07:00
- Monday to Friday: 07:00
Breakfast served to
- Saturday/Sunday: 10:00
- Monday to Friday: 10:00
- Restaurant in hotel
- Pets Allowed Cost: 25.00 per night
- Nearest Rail Name: Budapest Southern Railway Station Distance: 7 kilometres
- Nearest Airport Name: Budapest Airport Distance: 20 kilometres
To view our full selection of accommodation in Budapest, view our hotels in Budapest page.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating
- Overall: based on 845 reviews
- Sleep Quality:
Stay Date: 03/2017, janag113 wrote this review.
The room was nice, big, beds not that comfi as we expected. there was some noize from AC. location was great to the meeting we had. On the second side, we had conference room arranged, and it was perfect prepared for us.
The room was nice, big, beds not that comfi as we expected. there was some noize from AC. location was great to the meeting we had. On the second side, we had conference room arranged, and it was perfect prepared for us. Collapse
Stay Date: 02/2017, florjans2017 wrote this review.
It was an awesome expirience, and the staff was realy helpfull... i realy liked the room and the breakfest had a lot of choice which i loved a lot. The view from the balcony was realy nice. Keep up the good work.
It was an awesome expirience, and the staff was realy helpfull... i realy liked the room and the breakfest had a lot of choice which i loved a lot. The view from the balcony was realy nice. Keep up the good work. Collapse
good price-quality hotel
Stay Date: 02/2017, rekamano wrote this review.
- easy to get there from the airport by bus, and even easier from the railway station (1 stop from the eastern railway station), it's close to the Sportarena and easy to access most of the sights of Budapest - reception staff helpful and friendly -… See more
- easy to get there from the airport by bus, and even easier from the railway station (1 stop from the eastern railway station), it's close to the Sportarena and easy to access most of the sights of Budapest - reception staff helpful and friendly - room has a decent size, even would say it is big enough :) also the bed, and fairly comfortable - clean and tidy, cleaned out everyday decently. - for some strange reason the staff started clean-up at around 9.15-9.30am which seemed a little too early? even breakfast ended at 10am, probably most people would still be in their rooms at that time - also for some strange reason there was a staff member checking the rooms every few hours - i have been in the room in the afternoon also sometimes, and they would just come in and then go out, never even saying why or if there was a problem? - Wi-Fi working horribly slow during the day, continuously disconnects and disappears from range - took 15 minutes to send a picture. Works decent late at night. Collapse
Oasis in the middle of Budapest
Stay Date: 02/2017, hunwim wrote this review.
Since 2004 I visit this Hotel once a year for business purposes. For me it's a peacefull island in the middle of the hectic city of Budapest. The rooms are very clean and comfortable altough after more then 20 years they start to wear out. Breakfast … See more
Since 2004 I visit this Hotel once a year for business purposes. For me it's a peacefull island in the middle of the hectic city of Budapest. The rooms are very clean and comfortable altough after more then 20 years they start to wear out. Breakfast is always very well served and of a good quality with an extensive choise of foods. I know it's a shame but after all these years I've never tried out the restaurant nore the Spa facilities. Collapse
Good Clean Hotel near Metro with Good Facilities
Stay Date: 02/2017, mcmonScotland wrote this review.
We stayed here for a week while undergoing dental treatment nearby. The hotel was not very busy during our stay in February. The hotel is called arena because it is right next to the Budapest arena and the Puskas Ferenc stadium. Kinsem Park for horse… See more
We stayed here for a week while undergoing dental treatment nearby. The hotel was not very busy during our stay in February. The hotel is called arena because it is right next to the Budapest arena and the Puskas Ferenc stadium. Kinsem Park for horse racing is also nearby as well as numerous other sports venues. I'll start with the good points: The hotel is a large conference hotel with good gym/pool facilities. The location is good with a metro station a stone's throw away. There are also restaurants and shopping nearby. The room was well equipped and very clean. It had everything we wanted like a kettle, hair dryer, safe, fridge, etc. There was plenty of space in the closet. The bed was huge like two singles pushed together but it was one very large mattress. The mattress was firm. The aircon and heating worked fine and the windows opened for fresh air. Breakfast was served at a buffet in the lobby cafe/bar. There was a good selection of fresh food including some nice hot items. However, the whole hotel is a little bit dated. Everything was fine but looked like it belonged in the 80s. That was ok for me as I enjoyed the nostalgia. The bad points: Because the hotel wasn't busy, the restaurant was closed. They offered meals in the lobby cafe/bar instead. However, nobody told us at check-in that the restaurant was closed and there were adverts for the (presumably open) restaurant all over the hotel. So we were surprised when we went for a quiet meal in the hotel restaurant only to find out that the restaurant was closed, the lobby cafe/bar was full and they couldn't fit us in for more than an hour... and then we would be sitting in the noisy lobby. We did eat in the cafe/bar the next night. The food is supposed to be the same as the restaurant. It wasn't anything special and was quite expensive, even with a discount. The wifi was ok early in the morning but was worthless in the evening. The sheets don't fit the bed. There are two small single duvets (too small for me) and only two pillows. Overall, not a bad hotel for the price. Some of the staff were excellent and others were a little grumpy but the good outweighed the bad. Collapse
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2016
Superbreak star ratings are given as a guide to help you choose between our hotels and do not necessarily relate to those awarded by other organisations.
They symbolise the level of service and range of facilities that you can expect at the property; ranging from 1 star - hotels with the simplest range of facilities, to five stars - luxury hotels with a wider range of facilities.
Please note that different countries have different standards and star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located.