Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel New Year Break
3 3 Star:
Search New Year Package Availability
New Year Package Itinerary
- 2 Nights from Sat 30 Dec 2017
- Board basis: Dinner Bed & Breakfast
- 30 December 2017 - After your arrival at the fabulous Walworth Castle enjoy a Festive Afternoon Tea. Join staff and fellow guests in the evening for a Mulled Wine drinks reception and 3 course dinner.
31 December 2017 - Enjoy breakfast in the morning, and then take the day to relax before the nights celebrations. Join us for a 6 course New Years Eve Dinner with disco entertainment and a Traditional Scottish piper at Midnight.
01 January 2018 - Full English breakfast and depart.
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel is set in 18 acres of grounds only 3 miles from Darlington and J58 off the A1M. This independently owned hotel offers accommodation in 32 bedrooms including four-poster beds and tower suites. Farmers Bar, offering a range of tasty food, really is a destination you will want to come back to. We also offer free WiFi and have a large outdoor patio and a children's play area.
Hotel Facilities & Services
- Non-Smoking throughout the hotel
- Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Ground Floor Rooms
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Parking at Hotel Free: Yes
- Nearest Rail Distance: 5 miles
- Cots/Cribs Free: No
- Interconnecting Rooms
Bar and Restaurant
- Bar in Hotel
- Restaurant in hotel
- Children's Menu available
- Pets Allowed Free: Yes
To view our full selection of accommodation in Durham Tees Valley, view our hotels in Durham Tees Valley page.
SuperBreak Customer Rating
- Overall: SuperBreak Overall Rating: 4.1 out of 5 based on 14 reviews
- Sleep: SuperBreak Sleep Rating: 4.3 out of 5
- Breakfast: SuperBreak Breakfast Rating: 4.3 out of 5
- Staff: SuperBreak Staff Rating: 4.3 out of 5
- Location: SuperBreak Location Rating: 4.2 out of 5
New Year in a castle
Stay Date: 30/12/2015, a customer aged 65+ from United Kingdom who stayed in this hotel wrote this review.
Hotel room was chilly and heating did not appear to be sufficient for the size of the suite (we upgraded to 2nd highest value room). Parts of the hotel/castle required a bit of TLC i.e. paint flaking off the wall in the breakfast room with same bits … See more
Hotel room was chilly and heating did not appear to be sufficient for the size of the suite (we upgraded to 2nd highest value room). Parts of the hotel/castle required a bit of TLC i.e. paint flaking off the wall in the breakfast room with same bits on rail for the 2 mornings we had breakfast. Carpets in suite could do with refitting as lumpy due to stretching. No shower in bathroom had to ask for a jug to wash/rinse hair! Afternoon tea on arrival disappointing as only 2 x scones & 2 x mince pies - no sandwiches. Good point was when we had to leave early due to illness a refund of extra night premium was refunded without question. Collapse
Overall Hotel Rating: 3 out of 5
- Destination: 3 out of 5
- Sleep: 4 out of 5
- Breakfast: 5 out of 5
- Staff: 5 out of 5
- Whitley Bay: 4 out of 5
- Hotel Restaurant: 5 out of 5
- Rest assured your break is safe with us
- No credit card or booking fees
- Your information is secure with GlobalSign
- Best UK Operator, Globe Awards 2017
Superbreak star ratings are given as a guide to help you choose between our hotels and do not necessarily relate to those awarded by other organisations.
They symbolise the level of service and range of facilities that you can expect at the property; ranging from 1 star - hotels with the simplest range of facilities, to five stars - luxury hotels with a wider range of facilities.
Please note that different countries have different standards and star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located.