Number of hotels in this location - 2390
Whatever you want from your next short break, our hotels in England page is the perfect starting point when planning a getaway. Whether you want a city break, a visit to an attraction or theme park with the family, a country escape or a mini-holiday by the sea, England has something to offer everyone.
Our England hotels range from budget accommodation to luxury retreats. Wonderfully diverse, you can travel North or South and discover somewhere brilliant, fascinating and exciting! For example, you could choose to visit the rolling countryside and historic cities of Yorkshire – recently voted one of the world’s top visitor destinations – or head to the sunny South-West and enjoy a cream tea on the English Riviera.
- Mad about theatre? We’re famous for our theatre breaks, and whether you stay in a central London hotel for a trip to the glittering West End or venture to Shakespeare’s home town and see the RSC in Stratford-upon-Avon, it’s sure to add something special to your getaway.
- Perhaps you’d like to sample sumptuous cuisine in one of the country’s cultural and cosmopolitan hubs? Check out our hotels in Birmingham and Manchester hotels!
- Alternatively, our two night dinner deal packages– with dinner included on the first night of your stay – offer great value, and these breaks are located right across the country.
- And, if you’re looking to escape, unwind, relax or reconnect with nature, then look no further than our Lake District hotels – England’s premier destination for outdoor excursions!
The only hard part of planning a break in England is deciding where to go! For a wealth of great places to stay and inspiring destinations to choose from, check out our list of hotels in England below.
Choose Hotels by Availability
Hotels in England
With cosmopolitan cities, historical attractions, theme parks and lots of gorgeous countryside on the doorstep, our hotels in central England make the perfect destination for your short break or getaway. From luxury spa retreats in the country to budget city accommodation, there’s something for everyone here.
Our central England hotels are a particularly good choice when you want to take the whole family away; whether it’s Warwick Castle, Cadbury World in Birmingham or the National Space Centre in Leicester, there’s plenty to see and do here. For the adventurous types, big and small, why not consider a break to some the country’s top theme parks? Drayton Manor with the kids, or Alton Towers with the big kids, or you could always reconnect with nature in the outdoor playground that is the stunning Peak District National Park.
- For a fabulous shopping break, look no further than our hotels near Birmingham – home to the famous Bull Ring Shopping Centre, and a vibrant city centre, it has some of the best retail outside London.
- Get sent to Coventry – or Lincoln, or Nottingham – for a fab cathedral city full of history, culture, fine dining and great shopping.
- Stratford-upon-Avon is home to the Royal Shakespeare Company and, as the Bard’s birthplace, is the site of the must-visit Shakespeare’s houses too; a quintessential short break for all theatre-lovers.
The only difficult part is deciding where to go! Be inspired by the exciting destinations and wonderful places to stay in our list of hotels in central England below.
The UK’s number one destination for shopping breaks, theatre shows, the finest restaurants and top attractions – the capital has it all. Choose from our superb range of London Hotels and find the perfect short break destination for you; enjoy the plush comfort of a hotel with Theatreland on your doorstep, stay within a stone’s throw of the fab shopping of Oxford Street, or find a boutique hotel near the trendy Southbank and discover the best of the London attractions.
When booking hotels in London, it’s important not to forget to order an Oyster Card – an essential buy for getting round the capital, use the London buses and underground to discover everything the city has to offer. With rail and attraction tickets easy to buy too, start planning your ultimate London break as soon as you book; get great views from the London Eye or The Shard, discover the city’s history at The Tower of London or The Royal Palaces, or relax on a Thames river cruise or take high tea in the afternoon at an upmarket London café.
Sightseeing isn’t the only way to make the best of your break. For an extra-special experience when you’re booking hotels in London, enjoy a theatre break and take in a show in London’s glittering West End – home to the finest theatres and productions in the world. If shopping is more your thing, check out the boutique stores of Mayfair and Kensington, the street-market chic of Camden Market and Britain’s busiest shopping area on Oxford Street. For concerts and events, there’s nowhere finer than London’s O2 Arena for all the biggest names in music and comedy, and for international sporting venues too – Wimbledon, Wembley, Twickenham to name a few – the capital is the place to be.
Ideal for a relaxing escape to the country, our hotels in the East of England are an excellent choice for your next short break. Whether you fancy a chilled-out break on the Norfolk Broads, a quaint retreat in picturesque Suffolk or a city break in one of the many fascinating and historic destinations of Cambridgeshire, this is the place for you.
Family-friendly breaks abound, many of our East England hotels are great for a trip to the seaside –pretty Hunstanton, Great Yarmouth and Felixstowe are just some of the places the kids will love. For fantastic – and infamous – nightlife, Essex hotels are the best situated in the region, and for history and culture, our hotels in Ipswich are hard to beat.
- Historic, cultural and cosmopolitan, the area’s biggest cities are not only great for sight-seeing, but are perfect spots to enjoy some shopping and some fine dining; be sure to take a look at our hotels in Norwich and our Cambridge hotels too.
- Two of the finest gothic cathedrals in the country, be sure to visit both Peterborough Cathedral and Ely Cathedral – a real highlight of any break in the area.
- If you decide to stay at one of our Suffolk hotels, be sure to check the race schedule at Newmarket – one of the country’s top horse-racing tracks and always a fun day out.
East Anglia is a richly diverse and exciting destination for short breaks – from budget accommodation to luxury country retreats, check out our list of East England hotels below.
By booking hotels in the Lake District you open up the opportunity to discover an area of outstanding beauty in the Lake District, home to inspirational countryside, breath-taking mountains, spectacular lakes, traditional market towns and numerous heritage sites.
The UK’s largest national park is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts with stunning 350 fells and around 80 lakes to enjoy. You can enjoy a refreshing walk along the largest of them at Lake Windermere or climb England’s highest mountain Skafell Pike. With all this fantastic outdoor space it can often be tempting to find a campsite. However, for those of us not brave enough to face the elements, there are plenty of top quality hotels in the Lake District.
For a lot of people the Lake District can seem like a pretty intimating place, especially if you do not have access to a larger vehicle. However, there are plenty of ways to get around. We have put together a guide of things to see, do and how to do them here in our Lake District Travel Guide. Why not take a look and let it help you plan your break.
Most, but not all, of our selection of Lake District hotels lie in the towns and villages in the national park. Why not visit one of the towns in the Lake District like Kendal, Keswick, Grasmere or travel a little further and visit the city of Carlisle, the largest in Cumbria. All of these locations offer superb hotels, shopping and restaurants but some of the best hotels and restaurants in the country reside in the Lake District countryside itself.
Here at SuperBreak, we offer a selection of hotels in the Lake District that should suit everyone! Whether you are looking for a base in the town to explore the area or you want a more secluded spot out in the countryside, we have something for you.
Our London Airports hotels are an excellent choice when you’re off on a longer break – if you’re flying early or landing late, you can enjoy the comforts of a modern and superbly located hotel instead of driving or travelling in the small hours of the morning. No matter if you’re travelling from Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted or Luton – four of the five busiest airports in the UK – you can start your holiday off on the right foot when you choose one of our London Airports hotels.
Many of our hotels near London Airports also include parking, meaning that your package is as cost-effective and convenient as possible. Whether you’re after Gatwick Airport parking or Heathrow Airport parking, London’s busiest airports are served by our comfortable and extremely handy hotel packages.
- Serving the UK’s busiest airport, our hotels near Heathrow Airport are naturally amongst our most popular. With a wide range of parking and non-parking options, budget accommodation and luxury retreats, find our hotels near Heathrow below.
- At the UK’s second busiest airport, our hotels near Gatwick Airport are similarly in high demand; all of our parking and non-parking packages can be found below too.
- The fourth busiest in the UK, Stansted is just 45 minutes from central London on the Stansted Express, and is served by over thirty different airlines travelling across Europe.
- Known for being the home of many of the UK’s top budget carriers, Luton Airport is the UK’s fifth busiest and is also just 45 minutes from central London by train.
Helping you make the transition to holiday mode as smooth as possible, check out our list of London Airports hotels below.
With all of the exciting attractions, fabulous shopping and incomparable West End Theatre the capital has to offer, choosing one of our hotels on the outskirts of London means you’ll have easy access to a wealth of exciting short break activities. Ideal for when you don’t want to stay right in the thick of it – a quieter break somewhat removed from London’s infamous hustle and bustle – the London outskirts are also well worth the trip in their own right.
When you do fancy a trip into the city, London’s excellent transport links will take your right into the centre. Our hotels on the outskirts of London are made easy to get to on major roads like the M25, fantastic rail links across the country and, of course, London’s many airports.
- Our hotels North of London are ideal for a visit to the incredibly popular Harry Potter Studio Tours – an absolute must for all fans of the boy wizard.
- The home of football, Wembley Stadium is a must-see when you’re staying in our North-West London hotels, and the utterly brilliant concerts and events at Wembley Arena are well worth a look too.
- South-East London hotels are perfectly situated to see gorgeous Greenwich – the breath-taking buildings of the Old Royal Naval College and the National Maritime Museum have to be seen, and London’s greatest concert venue The O2 Arena is also here.
- Don’t miss our Richmond and Wimbledon hotels either, not least for the pretty and affluent surrounds of this part of London, but also for the world-famous Wimbledon Championships during the summertime too.
The perfect choice for a quieter break in the capital, check out our range of London Outer hotels in the list below.
Perfect for a short break, our hotels in North-East England range from budget city accommodation to luxury country retreats. Up-and-coming cultural hubs, cities in the North-East are also famous for their unique nightlife and fab shopping – our Newcastle hotels and hotels near Middlesbrough are handy for it all. When you’re off on a longer break, be sure to check out the hotels near Newcastle Airport for the best way to get your holiday off on the right foot.
Whatever you’re looking for from a getaway, our hotels in the North-East have something to offer; relaxing, picturesque and ideal for walks, Northumberland hotels are just as appealing as those in region’s big cities – for entirely different reasons. Escape to the country for one of our relaxed dinner break, unwind at a spa, or enjoy the splendour of an afternoon tea package at one of our hotels in North-East England.
- One of the country’s top city breaks, don’t miss our Newcastle hotels for the best of the North-East’s great shopping, top sport, infamous nightlife, events and art galleries such as the renowned BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art.
- Our hotels near Durham are also a superb choice for a short break; be sure to soak up the city’s ambience and appreciate its fabulous historical attractions – the gothic Durham Cathedral and the Norman Durham Castle are both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Perhaps the area’s most scenic spot, the Northumbria coast is a must-see, and our hotels near Berwick couldn’t be better placed for visits to Alnwick Castle, Holy Island at Lindisfarne, and Hadrian’s Wall.
An excellent choice for your next short break destination, check out our range of hotels in the North-East in the list below.
There are lots of great reasons why our hotels in North West England are amongst our most popular short break destinations; great cities, full of some of the best shopping outside London and world-renowned attractions. With exciting music venues, top-class sport and fine dining, there’s much to see and do in the area’s big cities, whilst for a relaxing break away from the hustle and hustle, our hotels in Cheshire make an ideal choice.
When you’re planning a stay in this region, be sure to check out our great value dinner deals too – two night packages with dinner included on the first night often offer the perfect country retreat, particularly in our hotels in Cheshire and in the Manchester area. When you’re off on a longer break, be certain to take advantage of our handy Manchester Airport hotels too.
- For a break with the whole family, nothing beats the Lancashire seaside and our hotels in Blackpool; check out the ever-popular Pleasure Beach, the local Madame Tussauds, and scale the heights for terrific views at Blackpool Tower.
- Our Liverpool hotels are perfect for visiting the cultural city – find yourself at a trendy restaurant close to the Albert Docks, taking a ferry across the Mersey, or on the trail of The Beatles at the world-famous Cavern Club.
- Visit two of the country’s footballing giants at Old Trafford or the Etihad Stadium, or enjoy the infamous nightlife when you stay at one of our hotels in Manchester.
- Our hotels in Chester have much to offer too – enjoy a family trip to the nationally-renowned Chester Zoo, or enjoy some of the best outlet shopping in the country at Cheshire Oaks.
A fabulous choice for your next short break destination, check out our range of hotels in the North-West in the list below.
With a number of vibrant towns and cities primed for exploration, lots of country retreats to escape to, and many of Britain’s best beaches on hand for a seaside break, get away to one of our hotels in South-East England this year. Whether you’re keen to see the white cliffs of Dover or Brighton Pier, this region is famous for its short breaks.
Discover history and prestige in Kent – the Garden of England – and enjoy reconnecting with nature in the Kent Downs or High Weald – designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Alternatively, discover the exciting and ever-popular seaside towns of East Sussex; very often experiencing some of the country’s best weather, our South-East hotels are perfect for a summer break.
- One of England’s top tourist destinations for decades, our hotels in Brighton make for a thrilling short break destination; with unique culture, superb boutique shopping, an infamous nightlife and the gorgeous Victorian Brighton Pavilion to visit too, there’s lots to see and do.
- The region has a wealth of fascinating history that’s simply not to be missed – choose a Canterbury hotel and take the whole family around the gorgeous old town and it’s pretty Cathedral, or head to a Hastings hotel and discover the battlefields of 1066.
- For a quieter coastal break, take a look through our hotels in Eastbourne and enjoy cream tea by the seaside or a relaxing golf break – or sit back and enjoy the town’s famous summer tennis tournament.
An excellent choice for your next short break or getaway, check out our fabulous range of hotels in South-East England in the list below.
Whether you’re looking for a busy break – shopping and sightseeing in one of the region’s popular cities – or a relaxing getaway in the country – wining, dining and unwinding – then our excellent hotels in South England will have something to offer you. As diverse as South England is, you could easily find yourself at a historic site on the mystical Salisbury Plains, boutique shopping in trendy Guildford, or sunning yourself on the South coast.
Treat yourself on one of our excellent value two night dinner deal packages or a stay with afternoon tea included for that extra bit of indulgence. Take the kids with you and make the most of our South England hotels great location close by to Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park, or the outdoor playground that is the New Forest.
- Our Windsor hotels are, understandably, amongst our most popular for family breaks; enjoy the brilliant fun of LEGOLAND Windsor or the historic delights at pretty Windsor Castle.
- For culture and history however, do check out our wonderful hotels in Oxford – not only are the world-famous Oxford University buildings well worth a visit, but a number of charming museums and markets make this one of the region’s premier short break destinations.
- The vibrant port cities of Portsmouth and Southampton should also make your shortlist – offering the fine dining, exciting nightlife and superb shopping you’d expect from bustling cities, both are also steeped in fascinating maritime history.
- For a quieter break by the sea, our hotels in Bournemouth are very hard to beat – enjoy a traditional cream tea, rest easy on the 7 miles of sandy beaches or head for a walk in the gorgeous Dorset countryside or along the nearby Jurassic Coast.
With a wealth of things to see and do, the region is the perfect choice for a short break – check out our range of hotels in South England in the list below.
Simply ideal for an escape to the country, and with lots of exciting city breaks to be had too, our hotels in South-West England are a fantastic choice for a getaway. With unique local cuisine, breath-taking spots to reconnect with nature and lots of nationally-renowned tourist attractions, this region has much to offer.
Home of top attractions for the whole family, spa breaks to unwind and indulge, and great value dinner deals, our South-West England hotels have something for everyone. Be sure to find yourself at the most popular tourist sites – such as Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole – and off the beaten track in Exmoor and Dartmoor National Park or the North Cornish coast.
- Choose a hotel in Bristol for the region’s most exciting city break; with fine dining and fascinating museums galore, the city’s must-see attractions include the Clifton Suspension Bridge and the family-friendly museum M Shed.
- Our hotels in Bath are understandably amongst the region’s most popular; the historic city is famous for its Roman Baths and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Reconnect with nature at one of our Devon hotels or enjoy a delicious cream tea by the seaside on the English Riviera!
- Discover beautiful Cornwall on an adventure break – catch the surf, go horseback riding, or on a hike to Land’s End – before rewarding yourself with the country’s very finest seafood.
A superb destination for your next short break, check out our fab range of hotels in South-West England in the list below.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxed escape to the country, a seaside getaway or a busy and exciting city break, our hotels in Yorkshire have something to offer. Reconnect with nature in the gorgeous North Yorkshire Moors, enjoy some of the best shopping outside London in Leeds or Sheffield, or enjoy one of the hundreds of pubs York has on offer.
England’s biggest county is also its most diverse, making it an ideal destination for your short break or getaway; you could just as easily find yourself relaxing in a spa bath or tea room in pretty Harrogate as visiting top attractions like The Deep or taking in a rugby match in the emerging cultural city of Hull. Our Yorkshire hotels are superbly positioned for exploring the region, recently named one of the world’s top tourist destinations.
- The inaugural Tour de Yorkshire kicked off the first May Bank Holiday in 2015. There's a whole array of places to go and things to do along the route which can be found on our brand new, dedicated page!
- Our hotels in York are simply perfect for discovering this popular and historic city; find yourself walking the walls, visiting gorgeous York Minster, shopping on The Shambles or touring the streets on a creepy Ghost Walk.
- For cosmopolitan shopping, fine dining and top class music and sporting events, our hotels in Leeds are superbly positioned for discovering the best of West Yorkshire – check out the fantastic theatre, dance and Opera the city is becoming known for too!
- The Crucible Theatre is also one of the region’s best, known for its incredible year-round programme and for hosting the World Snooker Championships, and Meadowhall has some of the best shopping – two great reasons to check out our hotels in Sheffield.
- For a break near the seaside, there’s nowhere finer than gothic Whitby. Or, for great entertainment and good old fashioned charm, look through our hotels in Scarborough.
An excellent choice for your next short break destination, check out our hotels in Yorkshire in the list below.
Please note that information contained in these location guides was correct at the time of research, but may be liable to change. Any mentioned attractions/points of interest can change or close. Maps are a guide only. If you do find any inaccuracies or know of something you feel deserves inclusion in our guides, please email your comments to email@example.com.