CSR Policy - Greener Hotels Initiative
SuperBreak is committed to working with its hotel partners to promote environmental management initiatives.
It has developed a simple five-point guide that may help hotels introduce sensible solutions to the challenges of global sustainability and establish a legacy of using environmental best practice.
- Use environmentally responsible, low toxicity cleaners and detergents.
- Purchase recycled products wherever possible.
- Replacing older fixtures with new water conserving 'low flow' models.
- Offering linen re-use options to guests staying more than one night.
- Actively using recycling programmes for plastics, cardboard and newspaper.
- Donating unused food to a local community groups.
- Using where possible cost saving, energy efficient lights, particularly light bulbs.
- Encouraging guests to switch off lights when leaving their room.
- Publicising environmental improvements to guests, shareholders and the public.
- Encouraging guests to recycle, conserve energy and save water.
This guide will be promoted on the SuperBreak.com website and, as part of our regular communication process with hotel partners, they will be asked to sign up to the 'Greener Hotels Initiative'.