Central London Hotels
Number of hotels in this location - 229
The UK’s number one destination for shopping breaks, theatre shows, the finest restaurants and top attractions – the capital has it all. Choose from our superb range of London Hotels and find the perfect short break destination for you; enjoy the plush comfort of a hotel with Theatreland on your doorstep, stay within a stone’s throw of the fab shopping of Oxford Street, or find a boutique hotel near the trendy Southbank and discover the best of the London attractions.
When booking hotels in London, it’s important not to forget to order an Oyster Card – an essential buy for getting round the capital, use the London buses and underground to discover everything the city has to offer. With rail and attraction tickets easy to buy too, start planning your ultimate London break as soon as you book; get great views from the London Eye or The Shard, discover the city’s history at The Tower of London or The Royal Palaces, or relax on a Thames river cruise or take high tea in the afternoon at an upmarket London café.
Sightseeing isn’t the only way to make the best of your break. For an extra-special experience when you’re booking hotels in London, enjoy a theatre break and take in a show in London’s glittering West End – home to the finest theatres and productions in the world. If shopping is more your thing, check out the boutique stores of Mayfair and Kensington, the street-market chic of Camden Market and Britain’s busiest shopping area on Oxford Street. For concerts and events, there’s nowhere finer than London’s O2 Arena for all the biggest names in music and comedy, and for international sporting venues too – Wimbledon, Wembley, Twickenham to name a few – the capital is the place to be.
Choose Hotels by Availability
Hotels in Central London
One of central London’s most cosmopolitan areas, hotels in Bayswater benefit from fantastic links to the capital’s most popular attractions whilst also offering a peaceful urban getaway in their own right. Bayswater sits on the north side of London’s magnificent Hyde Park – well worth a visit at any time of year – and is made easy to reach when you’re on a rail break to London with both Paddington station nearby.
Famed for its gorgeous Victorian properties, the Bayswater area is home to a diverse population; the area has a big Greek influence, lots of US ex-pats, and is also home to London’s biggest Brazilian community. As such, Bayswater’s busiest shopping street – Queensway – has a fantastic range of international restaurants and ethnic cuisine. Notting Hill to the west of Bayswater is renowned for both its vibrant atmosphere and its world-famous annual carnival.
- Be sure to visit the traditional Portobello Road Market – just a short trip from Bayswater. The world’s largest antiques market has over 1000 stalls and traders courting the business of passers-by, and is a quintessential London experience.
- Also within walking distance is the staggeringly beautiful Kensington Palace. Home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – and formerly home to Princess Diana – the Palace’s gardens are simply not to be missed.
- Bayswater hotels are also ideally located for a shopping break – the area is just twenty minutes from both the high street heaven of Oxford Street and the trendy boutiques of Kensington.
A superb area to choose on your next short break to central London, be sure to check out our great range of Bayswater hotels below.
Bloomsbury is in the academic heart of London, and home to prestigious landmarks such as London University, the Royal Academy of Performing Arts and the captivating British Museum. Discover Museum Street with its collection of unique bookshops and sophisticated cafes or head to Russell Square; a haven for tourists and locals alike.
Bloomsbury and Russell Square are both great areas for being within walking distance of main attractions and museums, all without being too crowded. With many tube stations nearby and great bus routes, you’ll be able to get to wherever you fancy visiting. Plus, you’re only one stop from Kings Cross Station and St Pancras should you be enjoying a Eurostar break.
For those of you hoping to book a London theatre break, staying in Bloomsburg and Russell Square is a great option. Either hop on the tube or take the 15 minute stroll down to The Strand until you reach the glittering lights of the West End, where you’ll find a huge array of classic shows and brand new hits.
Is there any better place to stay on a short break to the capital than The City? Central London’s Square Mile is best known as a financial hub, but with hotels near Tower Bridge offering easy access to the city’s top attractions, it’s also just a great destination for a getaway.
Besides the impressive Tower Bridge, hotels in The City are close by to must-visit Tower of London, the vibrant Old Spitalfields Market and have excellent transport links to the superb shopping of Oxford Street and the glittering West End. To the east, the trendy Docklands area and tremendous music and cultural events at The O2 Arena are also just a short tube ride away.
A great choice for your next trip to London, check out our great range of hotels near Tower Bridge below for a short break to remember.
Choosing hotels in Covent Garden & the Strand is an exciting task! As one of London’s premier entertainment areas, Covent Garden and the Strand combine vibrant street entertainment with exclusive designer stores. Visitors can discover the colourful markets and unique boutiques, as well as enjoying a refreshing drink or two in one of the many cosmopolitan street-side bars and cafes.
Whilst staying in a Covent Garden or Strand hotel, be sure to take a trip to one of the nearby London landmarks or fascinating museums.
- The British Museum is located just minutes from Covent Garden offering you the chance to discover 2 million years of human history all housed under one roof.
- The National Gallery sits on the edge of Covent Garden and is home to masterpieces by some of the world’s greatest artists including Da Vinci and Michelangelo.
- The London Transport Museum takes you on a journey through the capital’s history of transport from the 19th century right up to the present day.
Set in one of the city’s trendiest areas, London Docklands hotels are a great choice for a short break in the capital. Surrounded by vibrant bars and restaurants, when evening rolls around the Docklands is the place to be. With fantastic shopping at the high-end Churchill Place Shopping Mall and the traditional Chrisp Street Market, it’s a pretty great place to hang out in the daytime too.
Be sure to use the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) for easy access into the centre of London, the fabulous shopping of Oxford Street and Mayfair and, of course, the superb theatre in the West End. London Docklands hotels also happen to be perfectly located for all the wonderful music, comedy and live performances at The O2 Arena, as well as conferences and exhibitions at London’s ExCel.
- Canary Wharf, one of London’s most iconic buildings, is situated in the Docklands area and is home to wonderful shopping – a must during your stay.
- Enjoy a trip on the Emirates Air Line – a great way to get views of The O2 Arena and visit the south side of the Thames including pretty Greenwich, home to Cutty Sark and the Royal Observatory.
- Historically the world’s biggest port, the Docklands is now one of London’s hottest up and coming areas – be sure to enjoy a nightcap in a dockside bar, for pretty views over the water to this heavily transformed and redeveloped area.
An excellent choice for a short stay in the capital, check out our great range of London Docklands hotels below for a getaway to remember.
Handily located for many of London’s top attractions, our hotels near Earls Court are ideal for visiting West London. From the trendy shopping boutiques of Kensington to the exciting events at the Hammersmith Apollo and exhibitions at Earls Court itself, the area has something for everyone. The famous shopping of Oxford Street, the glittering
A super choice for your short break in London, check out our full list of great hotels in Hammersmith below for a getaway to remember.
One of London’s most fashionable districts, our hotels in Kensington are perfect for a short break in the capital; close by to all the excitement of central London, the area is just far enough removed from all the hustle and bustle for a relaxing getaway. Oxford Street, Mayfair and the glittering West End are all just a short tube ride away.
Kensington High Street is famed for its fabulous shopping, with upscale boutiques offering the very finest fashions and trendy goods. With a great range of stores, Westfield Shopping centre is also an excellent destination when on a shopping break. Our Kensington hotels are also in a good position to visit some of London’s top attractions – pretty Hyde Park, the Royal Albert Hall and the Natural History Museum are all just a short walk away.
- Endlessly elegant and very, very impressive, be sure to visit Kensington Palace and its stunning gardens – the former home of Princess Diana and currently the residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Palace have a number of fascinating exhibitions permanently on show.
- Well worth a visit at any time of year, The Victoria & Albert Museum (otherwise known as the V&A) often have the most popular and sought-after exhibitions in London.
- Great for exhibitions and famous for its annual Horse Trials, Olympia London is a mere stone’s throw away.
A fantastic choice for your next short break in London, check out our great range of hotels in Kensington below.
The gateway to Central London when you’re on a rail break, our hotels near Kings Cross are the perfect destination for exploring the capital. Conveniently close to Kings Cross, St Pancras International and Euston, these hotels are within walking distance of the glittering West End and whole host of London’s top attractions, or alternatively just a short tube or bus journey away.
The major benefit of staying in the Kings Cross area is of course the ease with which you can get to your hotel when you reach the city. It’s also handy when you’re off on a Eurostar break; get a good night’s sleep in one of our hotels near St Pancras before heading on a longer break on the continent.
- Ideal for a shopping break in the capital, these hotels are a short tube journey from both the high street favourites on Oxford Street and the trendy boutiques and market stalls of Camden.
- A short walk from the impressive British Museum, be sure to wander down to this cultural institution and take in a few of their fascinating and totally free exhibitions.
- Our hotels near Euston are also superbly positioned for visiting pretty Regent’s Park – a mere stone’s throw away, it means you’ll be close to the every-popular London Zoo and the family-friendly and must-visit
Number of hotels in this location - 10SuperBreak Customer RatingBased on 1215 reviews
Set in a seriously fashionable and exclusive part of town, our hotels in Knightsbridge offer a London break with a difference. Upmarket stores and pretty architecture characterise Knightsbridge and with super transport links to many of the must-see sights and areas in London, you’ll have the capital at your feet.
In the daytime, you can explore the city’s most popular sights and sounds – Buckingham Palace is within walking distance and the bustling centre and visitors’ hub lies just beyond it. Come night time, entertain yourself at the world-famous Royal Albert Hall nearby or make the short journey to London’s glittering West End. Knightsbridge is of course also a good place to be for the finest fine dining the capital has to offer.
- With Harrods and Harvey Nichols on your doorstep, high street favourites on Oxford Street on one side and the fashionable boutiques of Kensington on the other, Knightsbridge may well be the perfect destination for your next shopping break!
- Knightsbridge is home to the superb V&A Museum; a must-visit, their collection of art and design exhibitions is easily one of the finest in the world. Just over the road you’ll find the fabulous (and free) Natural History Museum and The Science Museum too – both a great day out for the whole family.
- The place to be in summer, London’s biggest green space – Hyde Park – is a short walk away from our hotels in Knightsbridge. The adjacent Kensington Palace and its famously gorgeous gardens are also well worth a visit.
A wonderful choice for your next short break in London, check out our range of Knightsbridge Hotels in the list below.
Surrounded by must-see sights and impressive views, our London Bridge Hotels are an excellent and interesting choice when it comes to planning your next short stay in the capital. The south side of the river is home to a number of London’s top attractions, whilst also being a quick journey away to the famous shopping of Oxford Street and the fabulous shows in the West End, both are a mere 15 minutes away on the tube.
Our hotels in Southwark are of course in the perfect spot for visiting Southwark Cathedral, or for going wine tasting at the popular Vinopolis. No trip to this area of London is complete with taking in the breath-taking View from The Shard – 800ft up, in Western Europe’s tallest building – or experience a slice of quintessential London the way it used to be down at Borough Market.
- The trendy Southbank is just a short walk away, and top, family-friendly London attractions including The London Eye, the London Dungeons and the London Aquarium can all be found there.
- Get all cultured and catch a show at the world-famous Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, or take in the free exhibitions at the iconic Tate Modern Art Gallery.
- Amongst the other attractions near London Bridge, the impressive and imposing HMS Belfast is a must-see and, just across the river, you can find the fascinating Tower of London and the endlessly pretty St Paul’s Cathedral.
An excellent destination for your next short break in London, check out our range of hotels near London Bridge.
Set in an area rich with must-visit attractions, our Marylebone hotels are perfectly located for your next short break in London.
South-west of the impressive gardens of Regent’s Park, this slice of the capital offers a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist hotspots; the excellent shopping of Oxford Street is a mere stone’s throw away however, and the glittering West End lies just beyond it.
Our hotels in Marylebone are incredibly handy for visiting cultural institutions – everything from the world-famous art at the Wallace Collection to the original (and best) Madame Tussauds. With both Marylebone and Baker Street underground stations served by a number of the city’s lines, you’ll have London at your feet when you stay in our Marylebone hotels.
- The utterly gorgeous grounds of Regent’s Park are primed for exploration; find your way around the pretty Boating Lake or the ever-popular London Zoo for a fun day for all the family.
- Our Baker Street hotels are in the perfect position for visiting the most famous address in the neighbourhood: 221b Baker Street, home to the internationally-renowned Sherlock Holmes Museum and a must-visit for all fans of Arthur Conan-Doyle’s detective.
- The home of Cricket, be sure to visit Lord’s Cricket Ground in the summer months, and if you can catch a match during your stay, do!
A fantastic choice for your next short break in London, check out our great selection of hotels in Marylebone below.
Our Mayfair hotels are amongst the very finest in London; ideally situated for a short break in the capital, you’ll have the best of the city right at your feet. It’s easy to become accustomed to the upmarket lifestyle, and whether you’re taking tea at Fortnum & Mason, picking up toys for the young ones at the world-famous Hamleys store, or sipping Champagne at Claridge’s, you can do it all in Mayfair.
Somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle of the tourist hotspots, but close enough to be in easy reach of them, these hotels make for the perfect retreat when visiting the capital. Find breathing space in London at our hotels near Hyde Park and enjoy everything this pretty part of the city has to offer.
- Is there any better place for shopping in London than Mayfair? With Oxford Street within walking distance and a great number of chic and exclusive boutiques dotted all around, our Mayfair hotels are right in the thick of it!
- The many fabulous shows of the West End are a mere stone’s throw away; straight down Regent Street, you can find yourself at Piccadilly Circus in no time at all.
- Not just for the summer months, our hotels near Hyde Park benefit from the capital’s biggest green space all year round – be sure to explore its gorgeous gardens.
A simply sublime place to stay on your next short break in London, check out our great selection of hotels in Mayfair & Park Lane below.
Set close by to one of the world’s most famous shopping areas, our hotels near Oxford Street are the perfect destination for those who love to be right in the thick of the vibrant capital. Whether you want to tailor yourself a shopping break or a theatre break, this is the place to be.
The hustle and bustle of this busy London street is perfect for shopping in the daytime and partying at night. Flagship stores of many of the country’s favourite retailers, and plenty of the best department stores too, can be found between Oxford Street and Regent Street – Selfridges and Hamleys are a couple of the biggest and most famous names to be found here. Oxford Street’s nightlife is also amongst the most famous in London, with the best bars and restaurants spilling into neighbouring Soho for dinner, drinks and dancing worth checking out.
- Take in a show in London’s glittering West End; within walking distance, you can nip down Regent Street and find yourself right in the heart of Theatreland before you know it!
- Our Oxford Street hotels are also conveniently close to Hyde Park – a must-see at any time of year, take a stroll around its famously pretty gardens.
- Nip to neighbouring Mayfair and start living the high life; whether you end up sipping afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason or champagne at Claridge’s, a visit to the area is a quintessential London experience.
A great choice for your next short break in London, take a look through our selection of hotels near Oxford Street below.
Our Paddington hotels, on the north side of Hyde Park, are in an excellent area for your next short break in London. With a wealth of transport connections across the country and around London at Paddington station, the famous terminus is a must-see in itself – seek out its two most famous residents, statues of both Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Paddington Bear.
The capital’s biggest green space is certain to be the highlight of any trip to London; our hotels near Hyde Park really benefit from the breathing space that its gorgeous gardens and open spaces offer. Year round – but especially in the summer- Hyde Park is alive with people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- On the west side of the park, be sure to visit the utterly beautiful Kensington Palace and its famous gardens; the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the former residence of Princess Diana, the Palace has fascinating permanent exhibitions that are a must-see.
- Our hotels near Hyde Park, on its north side, are close by to some of its main highlights; find yourself at Speaker’s Corner or Marble Arch, also the gateway to the fabulous shopping of Oxford Street.
- Take a trip into the heart of London and take in a world-class show in the glittering West End – get there within 15 minutes on the tube from Paddington.
A superb choice for your next short break in London, take a look through our great selection of Paddington hotels below.
Right in the heart of the West End, our hotels near Leicester Square are amongst the most popular for those on a short break in London. Conveniently close to many of the city’s world-renowned theatres and longest-running shows, these hotels are perfect for a theatre break. A vibrant and distinctive entertainment district, you’ll have London at your feet when you stay in Piccadilly.
Some of London’s top sights are within walking distance; see if you can spot the famous statues of Charlie Chaplin and William Shakespeare right outside the Leicester Square hotels. Further afield, head south-west to Trafalgar Square and Westminster, south of the river to the trendy Southbank and The London Eye, and when evening rolls around hit up the bars and exciting nightlife of nearby Covent Garden and Soho.
- Besides Theatreland, Leicester Square is known for entertainment venues, including several cinemas; the impressive IMAX cinema and the independent Prince Charles Cinema are among the most famous and popular in the area.
- Our hotels in Piccadilly are ideally placed for a shopping break too; head up Regent Street and as far as Oxford Street for high street favourites and London’s most famous shops, including Hamleys, Selfridges and Liberty.
- Head into neighbouring Mayfair for an upmarket day of shopping in London’s finest fashion boutiques or take tea in the iconic department store Fortnum & Mason.
A great destination for your next theatre break or London getaway, check out our range of Piccadilly & Leicester Square hotels in the list below.
Set just to the north of the centre of London, our hotels near Regent’s Park are a fantastic destination for your next short break in the capital. Find a peaceful retreat in this pretty area of the city, with terrific views to the distinctive London skyline both from Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath. A short tube journey of around 15 minutes can you take you into the centre of London, the shopping of Oxford Street or the glittering West End.
Alternatively, explore the exciting and often surprising area closer to home. This part of London has Camden’s popular market and trendy boutiques perfect for a shopping break, or catch exciting performances at nearby spots; the Hampstead Theatre is famous for discovering the best emerging writing talent, and The Roundhouse – a converted railway shed – is one of the capital’s best music venues.
- The north side of Regent’s Park is of course home to the world-famous London Zoo; a must-visit with all the family, there’s no finer way to spend a day in the capital.
- Be sure to visit the glorious parklands of Hampstead Heath – alive with people in the summer sun, the Heath’s swimming ponds are a quintessential London experience – just as soon as it’s warm enough!
- Besides the obvious draws of Central London, hotels in Hampstead have the advantage of being close to a number of smaller, less-known attractions; beautiful Kenwood House, London’s Sigmund Freud Museum and the Keats House Museum are all well worth checking out.
A great choice for your next short break in London, check out our range of Regent’s Park & Hampstead hotels in the list below.
A great choice for when you’re visiting London, our South Kensington hotels offer a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city’s tourist hotspots. Hotels in Kensington do however enjoy excellent transport links into the centre, and you could be strolling through Hyde Park, catching a West End show or shopping on Oxford Street in no time at all.
You simply don’t have to travel far to see some of London’s top attractions however, and our hotels in Kensington are handily located for visiting a number of internationally-renowned institutions. The Royal Albert Hall has a fantastic programme of performances year-round and Arts Museums don’t come finer than the ever-popular V&A Museum. For a fun and educational day with the whole family, check out both the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum.
- For the area’s famously good shopping, head north to High Street Kensington for a wealth of chic boutiques and high street favourites, or head east into sophisticated Knightsbridge for the like of Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
- Kensington hotels also benefit from being close by to a number of world-famous sporting venues; be sure to see what’s on during your stay, whether it’s at Stamford Bridge, Queen’s Club or Olympia.
- No trip to Kensington is complete without a visit to the utterly breath-taking Kensington Palace; the grandeur of the architecture and pretty gardens are a must-see, and the fascinating exhibitions at the former residence of Princess Diana are well worth looking round as well.
A superb destination for your next short break in London, take a look at our selection of South Kensington hotels in the list below.
When you’re planning a short break in London, look no further than our hotels in Victoria for a great location central to it all. Handily positioned close to Victoria Station, this is the place to be when you’re on a rail break, or just want to get around London’s excellent transport system quickly. Staying in our hotels near Victoria, you could be taking a stroll through Hyde Park or shopping on Oxford Street in no time at all!
The area is also a fantastic choice when you’re heading to London on a theatre break. You can find world-famous theatres and long-running shows on your doorstep at the Victoria Apollo or the Victoria Palace Theatre, or head east to the entertainment district around Leicester Square.
- Take a short walk north to the utterly breath-taking Buckingham Palace and see if you can catch the Changing of the Guards – one of the most popular free things to do in London.
- Our Victoria hotels are also handily located for visiting nearby Westminster; two of the most iconic sights in London, see if you can get a snap of the extremely photogenic Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.
- From there, it’s just a short trip over to the trendy Southbank – a hive of activity in its own right. Check out the family-friendly attractions like The London Eye, the London Dungeons and the London Aquarium, as well as cultural institutions like the Tate Modern, the BFI and Shakespeare’s Globe.
An excellent choice for your next short break in London, check out our selection of hotels in Victoria in the list below.
Set in one of London’s busiest and most vibrant areas, our hotels near Waterloo are an excellent destination for your next short break in the capital. Many of London’s top attractions are within walking distance, and with Waterloo station offering fantastic transport links out of and around the city, the capital is at your feet.
The area is primed for exploration, but these hotels are also handy if you’re on a shopping break or a theatre break in London too. The ease with which you can find your way from our hotels near Waterloo to the glittering West End or the fabulous shopping of Oxford Street is astounding – ten minutes on the tube, and you’ll be right in the thick of it.
- The area around Waterloo is home to a lot of very fun things to do with the whole family; visits to both the London Dungeons and the London Aquarium come highly recommended and is there any finer way to get a bird’s eye view of the capital than on The London Eye? We think not.
- The trendy Southbank, a short walk away from our Waterloo hotels, plays host to some of London’s best cultural institutions – find yourself at a film screening at the BFI, strolling round a gallery at the Tate Modern or taking in a play at Shakespeare’s Globe or the National Theatre.
- Our Westminster hotels meanwhile also have a couple of world-famous attractions on their doorstep; the singularly impressive Houses of Parliament and the awe-inspiring Westminster Abbey are both well worth trying to get pictures in front of!
A great choice for your next short break in London, check out our selection of Westminster and Waterloo hotels in the list below.
Please note that information contained in these location guides was correct at the time of research, but may be liable to change. Any mentioned attractions/points of interest can change or close. Maps are a guide only. If you do find any inaccuracies or know of something you feel deserves inclusion in our guides, please email your comments to email@example.com.